Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello FoST.org! I'm not an ST owner, but looking at seriously getting one for a new daily/toy.
I came across this one on Autotrader that looks like a really good deal, but it's a bit under market value. Does anyone know if there's something wrong with this car?

https://goo.gl/mKuXaL

Carfax on this is clean, no collisions.
It's a one-owner car, sold just this last year. The dealer has been selling it since October and hasn't moved it yet.
Does anyone know if there's something I'm missing on this car that the price is so low?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
Kbb has 2014 ST2 with that mileage at 10.5 to 13.9k. Been sitting in the lot awhile they probably just want to get rid of it.

I personally would avoid a Focus ST with that high mileage. If you do decide to get it hope it works out for you fellow massachusettsian.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Probably just cheaper because it's got a good amount of miles on it...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mileage doesn't scare me, I'm looking for a daily and not a collector or heirloom.
I also do my own work, I'm a mechanic for... I guess you might call it fun?

Also... I'm from Minnesota. I'm no... Masshole...
enhanced-32084-1396279470-1.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
My 2013 has 86k on it and it's strong with no issues. I wouldn't worry about mileage like you said "ant'e scared". Seems like a good deal to me if its got a clean title and car fax.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The title and CarFax are indeed clean, it just started to seem like it was almost too good of a deal.
Near as I can tell, there's not a whole lot of serious worries with these cars (provided they're not beaten and modded to death).
Since this one appears stock, I'm guessing it was someone else's runabout previously.

Here's the CarFax from the dealer: https://goo.gl/1XYfyi

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
Mileage doesn't scare me, I'm looking for a daily and not a collector or heirloom.
I also do my own work, I'm a mechanic for... I guess you might call it fun?

Also... I'm from Minnesota. I'm no... Masshole...
View attachment 302434
How dare you!?! You could’ve just called me an asshole. :(

I’m from Cali myself. Massachusetts has grown one though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Maybe join the regional fb group ne strs and ask if its anyone's old car. Chances are good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe join the regional fb group ne strs and ask if its anyone's old car. Chances are good

I appreciate the intention, and that's not entirely a bad idea, but I avoid Facebook groups over organized forums. I'm a member of a local Subaru group (a majority of my past experience is in Subarus), and that alone makes me want to find a way to curbstomp myself.
I also joined a Saab group a little while ago, and their lowest common denominator is, dare I say, worse than the EP3 group (apples to apples, of course).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I'm a member of a local Subaru group (a majority of my past experience is in Subarus), and that alone makes me want to find a way to curbstomp myself.
LMAO. I spit my tea out at work. Well done. :lol:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I appreciate the intention, and that's not entirely a bad idea, but I avoid Facebook groups over organized forums. I'm a member of a local Subaru group (a majority of my past experience is in Subarus), and that alone makes me want to find a way to curbstomp myself.
I also joined a Saab group a little while ago, and their lowest common denominator is, dare I say, worse than the EP3 group (apples to apples, of course).
Alot of groups are ****, Most the st guy's in the one i told you about are decent. Very little ne regional activity on this forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LMAO. I spit my tea out at work. Well done. :lol:
Glad someone's amused. For me though, that pain is way too real... *tear*

I bought my 02 WRX in 07 and love that car, flaws and all. I've been playing with it since, and used to hang with all the local Subaru owners as well as the state forum group. Times were good, we hung out, talked about technical aspects of the cars, planned out builds, dreamed up ideas for what we wanted to do whether it was in our budgets or abilities or not, and actually tested our abilities to build that dream or race the cars at the track.
These days all these kids talk about is stancing their N/A Foresters and Legacies and comparing each other's "Vape Game", whatever the **** that entails.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Glad someone's amused. For me though, that pain is way too real... *tear*

I bought my 02 WRX in 07 and love that car, flaws and all. I've been playing with it since, and used to hang with all the local Subaru owners as well as the state forum group. Times were good, we hung out, talked about technical aspects of the cars, planned out builds, dreamed up ideas for what we wanted to do whether it was in our budgets or abilities or not, and actually tested our abilities to build that dream or race the cars at the track.
These days all these kids talk about is stancing their N/A Foresters and Legacies and comparing each other's "Vape Game", whatever the **** that entails.
Stance lyfe bruh, check out my new vape bruh. My 2006 stanced Subaru is faster than a Focus ST because it has AWD bruh

^What stereotypical Subie people around me consist of now a day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stance lyfe bruh, check out my new vape bruh. My 2006 stanced Subaru is faster than a Focus ST because it has AWD bruh

^What stereotypical Subie people around me consist of now a day.
I'd take that if I could. Nobody even talks about what's faster anymore except for what they saw one some youtuber's channel. They just stop at "spotted" posts and discussions of who's hanging out at the vape shop.
I once pissed a guy off because he tried selling his wheels and tires by commenting on my post selling a set of wheels and tires and I called out his bull**** for hijacking. That's about it, the rest is just so, so sad...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts