Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I like to point out that every time I am prepped, on my E85 tune with back seats out, and street drag R no one wants to race, but when my car is back on 93 oct with seats in and with heavy ass winter tires with steelys people want to race. This also happened to me when I was moving and had my car filled from floor to top with stuff, tool boxes, jacks and then people want to race.

Just so happens to be a coincidence but anyway, pulled up to a black wrx/sti? not sure he was debadged and had the sti wing, but we did a 20 mph dig in 2nd gear (= tires spinning) and off he goes about a car length. He seemed honest at the stop light said he was pushing around 340 hp not exactly sure what he had done other than that he was on 93 oct as well.

Also, is there any other exterior differences besides the wing?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
First, I like to point out that every time I am prepped, on my E85 tune with back seats out, and street drag R no one wants to race, but when my car is back on 93 oct with seats in and with heavy ass winter tires with steelys people want to race. This also happened to me when I was moving and had my car filled from floor to top with stuff, tool boxes, jacks and then people want to race.

Just so happens to be a coincidence but anyway, pulled up to a black wrx/sti? not sure he was debadged and had the sti wing, but we did a 20 mph dig in 2nd gear (= tires spinning) and off he goes about a car length. He seemed honest at the stop light said he was pushing around 340 hp not exactly sure what he had done other than that he was on 93 oct as well.

Also, is there any other exterior differences besides the wing?
Wing, badge, wheels. That's about it. Prepped with less weight you'd have not lost I'd bet. Upper end, yeah if he's really at 340 then he'd have pulled off above 5.5k but it wouldn't have made up the gap you'd have put if you controlled wheel spin. A shame really.

For me it isn't when I'm on winters...it's when I'm on my bike. I'll cruise on a nice summer day on my GSX-R with friends and see STIs, SRT4s, WRXs modded to the moon, MS3s, GTIs, etc out the azz. While I never see them in my car when I want to. Sucks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wing, badge, wheels. That's about it. Prepped with less weight you'd have not lost I'd bet. Upper end, yeah if he's really at 340 then he'd have pulled off above 5.5k but it wouldn't have made up the gap you'd have put if you controlled wheel spin. A shame really.

For me it isn't when I'm on winters...it's when I'm on my bike. I'll cruise on a nice summer day on my GSX-R with friends and see STIs, SRT4s, WRXs modded to the moon, MS3s, GTIs, etc out the azz. While I never see them in my car when I want to. Sucks.
Huh that's interesting. I forgot about bikes I'm sure its a totally different ball game out on the roads. He wanted me to honk 3 cause he said his horn doesn't work as well lol I'm like watev.

Another question lol is it kinda like a drag tree where if you honk 3 you actually want to go after the the 2nd but slightly before the third?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Huh that's interesting. I forgot about bikes I'm sure its a totally different ball game out on the roads. He wanted me to honk 3 cause he said his horn doesn't work as well lol I'm like watev.

Another question lol is it kinda like a drag tree where if you honk 3 you actually want to go after the the 2nd but slightly before the third?
My friends and I all try to have some fairness about the 3-honk process. We don't go on honk 3, since that puts the advantage in the honker's hands since he can control the pace of the honk and knows he exact moment he's pressing it...unless the other guy leaves early. How we do it, is we say "Okay, after the 3rd honk imagine there is a 4th." So we get the honker to honk at a nice even pace then mentally we can guess when the 4th honk would have been and leave. It sounds like it would be a lot less consistent...but it actually works well every time we've ever done it.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I had some douche in a Mustang pull up next to me and want to do a roll. The hatch of my ST was loaded with an exhaust system that I was on the way to deliver to another ST.org member. All you had to do was look and it was obvious that my hatch was loaded with stuff. Like I wanted to hear all that metal clanking around even more by trying to roll race this guy. When I’m out on the e-way and I see other STs, they want nothing to do with me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had some douche in a Mustang pull up next to me and want to do a roll. The hatch of my ST was loaded with an exhaust system that I was on the way to deliver to another ST.org member. All you had to do was look and it was obvious that my hatch was loaded with stuff. Like I wanted to hear all that metal clanking around even more by trying to roll race this guy. When I’m out on the e-way and I see other STs, they want nothing to do with me.
haha I prefer drag/track. Less factors smooth track/strip. Plus people are more honest about their cars/builds at the track or strip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts