Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Is it normal for people to pull the "my car is stock" card?

I played around with share of people from BMW 550is, Camaro ss, v8 mustangs, and even a few motorcycle bikes and have pulled on all of them, but I recently played with a Jaguar XF 3.5t and was not pulling nor trailing. It was a standstill chase. My focus is fully bolted, about 200-230 lbs of weight gone, E85, with MT ET street R tires and was sweating with this guy.

We ended up talking and complimenting each other cars and he mentioned is car is stock. Don't get me wrong that Jaguar is fast, awd v6 supercharged but something isn't adding up. The more you race other cars and drive with them the more you can really depict whats true or not true.
Its easy to slap a tune and stay here is my car its stock.

After looking at the car statistics I then realized it really isn't adding up. I am not trying to be faster or set crazy stats, I just want to see how I compare to these fast cars.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
393 Posts
For the life of me I wouldn't know why you would tell somebody your car is modified lol. The "its stock" card is fun stuff. Even if I upgrade my Turbo later on the most all say is I have full bolt ons LOL since it was bolted on to the car.

That being said. Depending on which 3.5t it was they are stock mid to low 13 second cars. So i can see this being a draw especially since its peak tq is way up around 4500. Its not gonna lose ground on a roll race that's for sure. If it was tuned id say he would win

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perhaps being supercharged and having an 8 speed auto it just utilizes it's power very well, especially once it's already moving. Stock for stock the Jaguar is the faster car and it wouldn't be hard for him have a tune or a pulley swap and not be noticeable.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the life of me I wouldn't know why you would tell somebody your car is modified lol. The "its stock" card is fun stuff. Even if I upgrade my Turbo later on the most all say is I have full bolt ons LOL since it was bolted on to the car.

That being said. Depending on which 3.5t it was they are stock mid to low 13 second cars. So i can see this being a draw especially since its peak tq is way up around 4500. Its not gonna lose ground on a roll race that's for sure. If it was tuned id say he would win
Yea forsure I agree I just told him thanks and pretty much said something generic of yea im trying to get her to go.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I totally forgot to that my last E85 refill was 50% ethanol instead of 85% which I bet makes a difference right ther

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your running full E85?
No I am not I wish! But I remember on the actual pump itself it said 50% ethanol compared to were I normally go it says 85% lol haha idk super odd

·
Registered
393 Posts
No I am not I wish! But I remember on the actual pump itself it said 50% ethanol compared to were I normally go it says 85% lol haha idk super odd

every e85 pump i've gone to will say in small print somewhere on it that it could be a minimum of 50% ethanol up to 85%. Some pumps have it printed larger then others i've seen depending on brand of station.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts