Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys I was driving my car under a pop coke from under the shift boot and boom lost all gears but third and you can hear it click only into third gear. Could the shift cable have snappped but I just can’t see it? Thanks !

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
What’s up guys I was driving my car under a pop coke from under the shift boot and boom lost all gears but third and you can hear it click only into third gear. Could the shift cable have snappped but I just can’t see it? Thanks !
Ok...I'm guessing that what you were trying to say is a pop came from under the shift boot? Or were you actually driving your car under a pop coke?

Anyway, you can use a trim tool to carefully pry the trim up around the shift boot, slide the boot up and inspect under it.

If you need to you can unscrew the shift knob and remove the boot for better viewing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok...I'm guessing that what you were trying to say is a pop came from under the shift boot? Or were you actually driving your car under a pop coke?

Anyway, you can use a trim tool to carefully pry the trim up around the shift boot, slide the boot up and inspect under it.

If you need to you can unscrew the shift knob and remove the boot for better viewing.
I did inspect under the boot and yes a pop came from underneath the boot but on further inspection everything was in tac but maybe the cable snapped further down to the place I can’t see it at

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
I did inspect under the boot and yes a pop came from underneath the boot but on further inspection everything was in tac but maybe the cable snapped further down to the place I can’t see it at
Get someone to move the shifter and watch the shift bracket on top of the transmission under the air filter box to see if there is movement of the cables.

Edit: just in case, here is the part-

Reactions: mitch808

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get someone to move the shifter and watch the shift bracket on top of the transmission under the air filter box to see if there is movement of the cables.

Edit: just in case, here is the part-
The cable on the shifter moves but it comes off the bracket because of the plastic ring is broken on the shift sector under the airbox

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
The cable on the shifter moves but it comes off the bracket because of the plastic ring is broken on the shift sector under the airbox
Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, you can not buy just the plastic bushing or any of it's parts. The part I referenced above will come with everything needed to fix your issue,.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, you can not buy just the plastic bushing or any of it's parts. The part I referenced above will come with everything needed to fix your issue,.
Yea haha I went inside and pulled the shift cable to try it see under it and it was snapped clean in half

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Yea haha I went inside and pulled the shift cable to try it see under it and it was snapped clean in half
The link for AutoNation Ford is a good price and they have very good customer service; I use them for any OEM parts I need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts