Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a bit nervous ordering this pipe as the price is quite low. But I have to say the quality is top notch. This is a cobb clone.
The fit was perfect. Granted it’s only been on for a couple days but I don’t think I’ll have any issues with this part.
If anyone is looking for a good piece of kit for their build they should consider this. I don’t know if it comes from China or not but It’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manoah

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here it is next to the other things I installed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I actually installed the catless version of this pipe. I've been pleasantly surprised with this bargain.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eBay?

I'm a bit nervous of clones, I bought the AF Dynamic intake and the fit is terrible.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk
I was not super confident when I ordered it. I took a chance and it seems to have payed off. Long term? We’ll see.
I was going to get a Depo unit but they were out of stock as was CJPP.
I read some reviews from other platforms and they were very positive.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eBay?

I'm a bit nervous of clones, I bought the AF Dynamic intake and the fit is terrible.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk
Yep. eBay.

Reactions: o0utka5t82

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just bought the same one last week. Having it installed next week along with my Greddy exhaust. Good to hear the fitment was good. And also @nickbaldwin86 the catted version is a 200cell.

Reactions: Mjf101471

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
depends on the cell count... What is the cell count?
It's 200 cell.
I'm not worrying about it yet. I have a couple years before I'll need to pass.
But a defouler will be needed I'm sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I just bought the same one last week. Having it installed next week along with my Greddy exhaust. Good to hear the fitment was good. And also @nickbaldwin86 the catted version is a 200cell.
It's 200 cell.
I'm not worrying about it yet. I have a couple years before I'll need to pass.
But a defouler will be needed I'm sure.

for a 200cell you will surely need a defouler and you will likely not pass a sniff test, really depends on how strict they are. just hold on to your stock downpipe and worst case you have to swap it back in to pass and then swap it back on to run stage 3 again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice downpipe! I just recently received my catless version of this dp this week also . Were you able to bolt it up to your stock exhaust? or is a full 3 inch catback a must to join this pipe up to? I havent gotten my exhaust yet and dont want to rip everything down just to find out i need a full system to mate it to first..lol :shocked:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I have installed two of these now, I installed a Catless on COBB cat back and it sounds amazing and very loud!

As well as a Catted version on a Ingen system . which was loud and the tone has changed for the better with the new DP.

Great DP and the price is insane!

I did have to trim the leg on the catted version, not sure why it was long but it was hitting the frame at the DP mount, nothing a angle grinder couldn't fix

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have installed two of these now, I installed a Catless on COBB cat back and it sounds amazing and very loud!

As well as a Catted version on a Ingen system . which was loud and the tone has changed for the better with the new DP.

Great DP and the price is insane!

I did have to trim the leg on the catted version, not sure why it was long but it was hitting the frame at the DP mount, nothing a angle grinder couldn't fix
Mine was touching as well. I just used a small pry bar to back it off the cross bar. No issues as of yet. Love the smell of e30 in the morning ( or anytime).

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
762 Posts
I actually installed the catless version of this pipe. I've been pleasantly surprised with this bargain.

How loud is the catless?
I want the chatted with stock exhaust muffler deleted. Just the muffler delete is creating enough drone on stock pipes.
I'm worried about these after market ones. Looking for that perfect combination.

·
Registered
440 Posts
How loud is the catless?
I want the chatted with stock exhaust muffler deleted. Just the muffler delete is creating enough drone on stock pipes.
I'm worried about these after market ones. Looking for that perfect combination.

The sound is one of the things I’m super happy with.

I installed this with the MBRP t304 catback and at cruising speeds (2300-3100) there is absolutely no drone and you’re not yelling to have a conversation with the people in your car.

However, if you put your foot into it it has a nice roar.

I have a set of vids I took with my phone to compare the before and after sounds right under the exhaust tips, and I can pull something off my dash cam to show cabin sound. I just haven’t taken the time to post them up yet.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
762 Posts
Subscribed to get a notification when you do :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
for a 200cell you will surely need a defouler and you will likely not pass a sniff test, really depends on how strict they are. just hold on to your stock downpipe and worst case you have to swap it back in to pass and then swap it back on to run stage 3 again.

What then is the point of getting a catted downpipe if it wont pass emissions? Im asking because down pipe will be my next purchase and I really don't want to have to change back to stock every time I need to pass inspection. What cell count would pass?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts