Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi gentlemen.

I'm trying to help my son with the '13 ST3 he bought in an auction. The car was in an accident and both headlight housings are damaged.

I've been reading on here for a month but not finding an easy answer for his problem.

We have searched local wrecking yards for replacement ST3 headlights but there isn't much available and what is is either damaged or close to $2000 for the pair.

We can get assemblies from a Titanium at a reasonable price but understand its not a bolt in switch and all the aftermarket lights say not compatible with Bi-Xenon.

I have read the Focccus APP thread but need to know that someone has done what we are trying to do and made it work.

We are not really concerned with light performance at this point. Just trying to get the car road worthy then we will look at mods as time and money permit.

Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ended up ordering new headlights from the local Ford dealer. $700 for the pair. Wasn't much more than ordering aftermarkets.

·
Registered
304 Posts
OEM ST3 headlights (HID) cost you $700??

·
Registered
304 Posts
For the housings, Yes.

$425 each minus $70 credit for core = $355/each

Moved bulbs and ballasts from the old headlights to these and installed them today.
Oh gotcha. Last time i looked, the entire assembly for HIDs was just shy of $2000. It's crazy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was initially quoted $1800 for the one side and $2200 for the other for complete units by the dealer.

But when the parts guy said we could order the housings for the $355 that made things way cheaper as we still had the old bulbs and ballasts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts