Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my St pretty modded out stage 2 looking to go to stage 3 I have two questions.
1.) Is the downpipe really necessary? Because of the strict laws around here it would have to be catted.
2.) Does the rear motor mount upgrade really make a difference?
Some help please somebody I have a couple other questions when I can remember what they were

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
A rear motor mount is almost a must with these cars. It won't eliminate wheel hop but it does help. It really helps with fast shifts to the shift bang issue doesn't happen. As for the downpipe it's the biggest restriction in the stock exhaust. The second restriction is right after the resonator where the pipe tapers down from 2.5" to 2.1"

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
At the very least the car needs the tsb motor mount.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
2.) Does the rear motor mount upgrade really make a difference?
Does a bear sh!t in the woods after eating a mime that was squashed by a falling tree? Hell yes, get an RMM (mountune for min NVH, CPE/boomba for min wheelhop) and a traction bar (TB performance or FSwerks). Everything about the car will be better.

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
At the very least the car needs the tsb motor mount.
Really doesn't help that much. I have an early 13 build and had the TSB done. Still had the same issue. I'm now running with all three cp-e engine mounts and an upgraded clutch line. So I've effectively replaced all those parts that the TSB replaced.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Really doesn't help that much. I have an early 13 build and had the TSB done. Still had the same issue. I'm now running with all three cp-e engine mounts and an upgraded clutch line. So I've effectively replaced all those parts that the TSB replaced.

I had the tsb on my 13 also and rarely get the bang anymore. I have to try and make it do it to sometimes get it to bang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts