Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all!

Just purchased a 2013 TS ST2. Just curious with all of the parts I have been looking at, where others might recommend I start. Too much fun to be had when looking at all the accessorizing that can be done, both performance and aesthetics! Just thought I would hop on here and be active with the community!

Any insight helps!

Have a Nice Day!

Mitch.ST
2013 FoST TS

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome! Maybe play around with shortening the shifter/ replacing the oem bushings. Or putting a rear motor mount in to reduce some of the engine bang? I am sure some others will chime in!

Reactions: Mitch.ST

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys!

LockeLamora - definitely looking at the motor mount! Shifter is definitely something to look into!

Unfocused - Sitting on Blizzaks on 16" steels right now and Eagle F1's on Snowflakes during Spring, Summer, and Fall. I believe I have looked at it some already, but will look more thoroughly!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Likely the shocks have gone off if you have more than 30K miles, so think about Mountune ClubSport or Bilstein B14 coilovers.

FMIC even without a tune will give you performance by keeping charge temps down. Steeda Street/Strip = cp-e 3.5" and others. The Mountune is a lighter-weight tube and fin design, but a little more spendy.

Green Filter is nice if you want more induction noise. An intake is not needed unless you have a tune, and even then it's a nice-to-have.

A shorter shift arm is a nice-to-have IMHO.

RockBlokz and RallyArmor mud flaps will keep the rear end cleaner than without, and protect the sides a bit (but the hatch will still get filthy fast).

Brake pads are up to you, depending on if you are going to the track, autocross or just daily driving. Probably best to replace the rotors at the same time; the stock rotors are fine for daily and occasional auto-X; not good enough for track.

Have fun!
Mark

Reactions: Mitch.ST

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Likely the shocks have gone off if you have more than 30K miles, so think about Mountune ClubSport or Bilstein B14 coilovers.

FMIC even without a tune will give you performance by keeping charge temps down. Steeda Street/Strip = cp-e 3.5" and others. The Mountune is a lighter-weight tube and fin design, but a little more spendy.

Green Filter is nice if you want more induction noise. An intake is not needed unless you have a tune, and even then it's a nice-to-have.

A shorter shift arm is a nice-to-have IMHO.

RockBlokz and RallyArmor mud flaps will keep the rear end cleaner than without, and protect the sides a bit (but the hatch will still get filthy fast).

Brake pads are up to you, depending on if you are going to the track, autocross or just daily driving. Probably best to replace the rotors at the same time; the stock rotors are fine for daily and occasional auto-X; not good enough for track.

Have fun!
Mark

Yeah I have been looking at springs and coilovers.

Does the filter alone add that much induction sound?? CAI is something definitely on the list, though i have been hearing its much more useful with a tune. Been torn between Cobb and the Cp-E CAI.

Mudflaps I have considered and do like the look but will still think about.

Thanks for your insight!

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts

Does the filter alone add that much induction sound?? CAI is something definitely on the list, though i have been hearing its much more useful with a tune. Been torn between Cobb and the Cp-E CAI.

Thanks for your insight!
Some will same an intake won't do anything. What they aren't accounting for is the fluidity of the air. Any turbulence can interfere with the spooling of the turbo. As for intake choice that's up to you. I love the cp-e because it also replaces the air box and looks beautiful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some will same an intake won't do anything. What they aren't accounting for is the fluidity of the air. Any turbulence can interfere with the spooling of the turbo. As for intake choice that's up to you. I love the cp-e because it also replaces the air box and looks beautiful.
My thoughts exactly!!! A bit more money but to do it one time and look that good is worth it!

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Thanks for your insight!
You are welcome and yes, an open-end filter will make a big difference in noise.

All the best,
Mark

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got a 2013 ST2 as well!

Here's what I've done so far:

Steeda Symposer delete. $25, no more fake noise
Air box lid removal. Free, I'm just trying this out. Substantially more noise from the engine bay. I'll put the lid back on when I replace the filter with an open-end high flow one like the Cobb version.

What I plan on doing next:

Stage 1: Cobb AP, filter and/or CAI, possibly with Velossatech's snorkel, RMM, and probably a Stratified or FSWERKS tune.
Suspension: Springs at some point, rear sway bar or something similar.

That's probably it for the foreseeable future, FMIC and axle-back/catback exhaust along with a Stage 2 tune is about as far as I'm going to go.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts