Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering for those who have pulled the bumpers off....aside from the headlights, fog lights, and bumper, how much different is the front end between the '13/14 models and the '15/16 models? Can the swap be done easily or will any major modification have to be done? I have a 2013 FoST and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has dreamt about the 15/16 front end with the 13/14 rear... :big smile:

edit: and hood

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the ST3 so I do already have HIDs. If the wiring harasses are the same, it would make the process 100x easier.

Also, yeah, believe it or not, I did search but couldn't pull up any real results. Someone on the Buy/Sell Facebook page has a 2015 with a salvage title for sale. The rear was hit pretty hard but he managed to repair it and used the 13/14 rear end and it looks much better although he didn't post many pictures. I'm just a fan of the sharper headlights/lines of the 15/16 front end but I hate the added roundness of the rear. If I can do the swap, that'd be pretty cool. Most expensive thing should really be the headlights...I was considering the RS bumper and I know they have a look-alike version from Maxton for the 13/14 models but it definitely looks better with the sleeker headlights.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hatchback Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Snow

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm personally a fan on the 13-14 bumper cover over the 15-16. If I did the swap it would be for the RS front. I would want to make the ducting fully functional.
That is my end goal, to be honest. I just prefer the 15/16 headlights over the 13/14's. This is someone who bought the 13/14 RS look-alike bumper from Maxton for their FoST.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Automotive design

·
Premium Member
13,959 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel the same but that's why I want to know if the headlights and hood can be swapped easily. If so, I'll get an OEM RS bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
I'd love to swap the rear bumper on my '16 for a '13/'14. I've never liked the look of the current style rear bumper.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd love to swap the rear bumper on my '16 for a '13/'14. I've never liked the look of the current style rear bumper.
Apparently that's doable with some minor body modification and it's mainly to make the old 13/14 taillights fit. The hatch door and panels are the same so the only think you need are the old taillights, the bumper cover, and the rear valence.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
why can't the bottom part of the rear bumper be interchangeable :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts