Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive tried to search for this with no luck. i have a set of 2013-2014 ST3 Recaro seats for sale and i've had a lot of people with 15+ st that are interested but the wiring harnesses are different so it's not a direct swap like it would be for 2013-14. I know there's some people who have swapped these seats into 15+, is there a write up on rewiring them? is it just a matter of swapping the actual 13-14 harness into the 15+? any forum links or pictures would be very helpful so i can send it to some of the people interested in the seats.(or if you have a 13-14 and are interested in some recaros let me know, lol)

·
Registered
406 Posts
St3 fit no problem, electronic driver seat works fine. Only thing that doesn't work would be heated seats. But doesn't hurt anything not having it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
And splicing the harness would probably be the hardest part, and just make sure you swap over passenger occupancy sensors as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Interesting. The ST1 harness in a 2015 has this kind of connection under the seat that goes to the airbag:

That connector in that pic goes to a jumper that then snakes up the rest of the way to the airbag. As far as I am aware, all pre 2015 seats have the side airbag go directly without a jumper wire to this junction block:

How did you disconnect the airbag wiring from that junction block and plug it into that connector of the ST1 harness? I thought all pre 2015 cars had this junction block type connector, which is much different from the 2015+ models. Or I could be confused.

·
Registered
331 Posts
All I want to know is if I can put ST2 seats from a 13-14 into a 17 ST1 and what all would be involved. I feel the manual Recaros should be an easier swap. But half say its plug and play and other half say harness swaps are needed... So which is it? lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright so I actually did the swap and it’s 100% NOT plug and play from the 13-14 seats to a 15+. However, all of the connections into the sensors are the same so all that needs to be done is gut the wiring and the oscm from the 15+ seats, remove all the wires from the 13-14 seats and then hook up the 15+ harness into the sensors on the 13-14 seat. The hardest part is gaining access to the side airbag connector. There is no splicing required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alright so I actually did the swap and it’s 100% NOT plug and play from the 13-14 seats to a 15+. However, all of the connections into the sensors are the same so all that needs to be done is gut the wiring and the oscm from the 15+ seats, remove all the wires from the 13-14 seats and then hook up the 15+ harness into the sensors on the 13-14 seat. The hardest part is gaining access to the side airbag connector. There is no splicing required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And the powered seats worked?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts