Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to have these bad boys installed on their ST? I've only seen one picture of them installed on an ST, and I'm rather confused as all the eBay listings for this specific headlight housing say it's not compatible with the ST or Electric Focus, and I'm not sure why. I know the low beams are H7 for these housings, and I've already sourced an H11 to H7 adapter harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ran outside the office and took a couple for you. Sorry they're in the daylight. I've had them for about a year, no issues. 6500k HID kit from The Retrofit Source and cheap Ebay LED fog lights. Looks good and does the job!
2.jpg 3.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ran outside the office and took a couple for you. Sorry they're in the daylight. I've had them for about a year, no issues. 6500k HID kit from The Retrofit Source and cheap Ebay LED fog lights. Looks good and does the job!
View attachment 241682 View attachment 241690
Do you have the $350~ eBay ones or the $500~ Anzo USA brand ones? Looks great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do the DRLs work when the headlight knob is turned to auto? And did you use a h11 to h7 adapter harness or did you just splice into the stock harness?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wouldn't touch anything that's not DOT approved. This is coming from someone who has worked in the automotive industry and designed headlights. Most of what is on eBay is garbage and wears out very quickly. A few years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do the DRLs work when the headlight knob is turned to auto? And did you use a h11 to h7 adapter harness or did you just splice into the stock harness?

The DRL is on whenever your lights are on or whenever you have just the DRL switch on. If you have it on Auto and your lights aren't on, then neither will the LED strip.

The kit I bought included a harness to switch to HID, so the bulb type didn't really matter. I ordered the Focus ST kit from The Retrofit Source and got H7 bulbs instead of H11 (or maybe vice versa, I don't remember). Other kits I tried gave me the CanBus error.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it pretty easy to align the projectors?

Sent from my SAMSUNG

Yep, just be patient. Remove headlight, adjust, replace headlight, check, remove again, adjust, etc. You have to turn the knobs a lot to get them to move. I tried quarter turns at first and nothing was happening before I finally figured it out. Also, they are aimed down VERY low out of the box. Just give yourself some time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts