Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I sure didn't miss it. Red shifter in transit from you guys with an eta of wednesday. Thank you for a well designed and finely crafted shift arm at a great price. With a sale on it to boot! Thanks Breedt!!!
This thing is amazing man. My favorite mod by far. Just be patient with taking the oem shift arm off. That pin holding it in is pretty dreadful!

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
This thing is amazing man. My favorite mod by far. Just be patient with taking the oem shift arm off. That pin holding it in is pretty dreadful!
Actually it's not dreadful at all! Cobb install was a breeze, I just used my trusty 3lb mini sledge and a spare 8mm head intake bolt as a punch. The trick is to not tap it all the way out, just 85-90 percent when the end clears the transmission shaft but the roll pin is still captive. Then pull the arm off the trans and on a piece of wood, tap the pin back out towards the grill 90 percent yet again, then replace the arm and tap the pin from the front towards the rear. As soon as you tap the pin all the way out, it springs open, and is a total PITA to get back in. By keeping it in the shift arm, you keep it compressed and therefore you don't have to struggle at all with trying to hammer it back into the bracket. I am no stranger to roll pins... lmao. Good looking out though!

Yeah I'm super excited, The Breedt arm is the icing on my shifter cake!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks Breedt. It's going to be the first mod for my 2015 ST1.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Actually it's not dreadful at all! Cobb install was a breeze, I just used my trusty 3lb mini sledge and a spare 8mm head intake bolt as a punch. The trick is to not tap it all the way out, just 85-90 percent when the end clears the transmission shaft but the roll pin is still captive. Then pull the arm off the trans and on a piece of wood, tap the pin back out towards the grill 90 percent yet again, then replace the arm and tap the pin from the front towards the rear. As soon as you tap the pin all the way out, it springs open, and is a total PITA to get back in. By keeping it in the shift arm, you keep it compressed and therefore you don't have to struggle at all with trying to hammer it back into the bracket. I am no stranger to roll pins... lmao. Good looking out though!

Yeah I'm super excited, The Breedt arm is the icing on my shifter cake!
Mine pin roll was just stuck I suppose. And with the breedet it does not matter if you hit all the way or not because you replace the pin roll with a nut and bold supplied by breedet. But lucky you for having experience with them as this was my first time and it sucked. lol

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
Mine pin roll was just stuck I suppose. And with the breedet it does not matter if you hit all the way or not because you replace the pin roll with a nut and bold supplied by breedet. But lucky you for having experience with them as this was my first time and it sucked. lol
Yes I noticed the Breedt comes with hardware, so no roll pin woes possible, lmao!
I still have some furious memories due to roll pins in the past, and hopefully I don't make any new ones for the rest of my years, ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You need to jump on this. I did the group buy about 18 months ago and it was one of the easiest, best mods I've ever done to any car. This is how the cars should come from the factory. Having reasonably good suspension and steering feedback and a weighted low ratio arm insulating the driver from the trans made no sense. But find a small (1/8 inch) drift to drive out the factory roll pin. The included rod is a nice touch, but hard to hold and I promptly dropped and lost it. Still took less than 45 minutes from start to tools put away and driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took advantage of this deal. I finally got around to installing the arm. The roll pin is the devil. I ended up just having to be patient with the PB Blaster. After like a half hour of soaking in it, it was finally ready to break free. I ended up putting mine on position 4, seemed to be the most comfortable for me. I am glad that it has so many positions.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Just ordered mine. Hope they put stickers in the box also!:big smile:

Thank You Amazon for making it easy for me to spend my money!!! LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
Red one ordered! This and the main bushing are hopefully all I'll need to get back to the STi feel I'm used to :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm planning on 3. Seems everyone has agreed the hardest part is punching out the stock roll pin, which can be eased by using a penetrating oil like deep creep etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts