Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
Discussion Starter #1

I, as well as others get alot of questions here. Some electrical and some mechanical all (well most) are about issues they are experiencing with their rides.

Some people do an excellent job of reading, learning and exploring all avenues before turning to the forum to ask for assistance. Others post things like "Car stalling desperate for help!" with zero additional information. Both are fine.

Anyone that has read over my posts or replies know that I try and list everything out whenever I can. Like typing out both the acronym followed by the full name. While this may aggravate more experienced or advanced members its important to remember that the majority of people who turn to us for help have no idea for the most part. Whenever you teach it's to the lowest common denominator.

For those seeking the sage like advice of our more advanced members (and these people impress the hell out of me) it's very important to give them as much information as possible. List out things like:

1. The Year / Trim Level / List of Modifications of your ST. *This includes physical modifications, parts and any software changes youn may have performed.
  2. What the issue is. *Be descriptive, list out what's happening the best you can.
  3. List any current DTC ( Diagnostic Trouble Codes) and what you have already tried to resolve the issue.
  4. List if you have any outstanding TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) *You can search this by you VIN number located at the bottom of your windshield or the sticker inside your driver's door jamb. You can also find it on you insurance card as well.
  5. Any recent events that may have contributed to the issue. Auto accident, service or change to something. *Think, what was the last thing that happened before this started.
Really that's it. Everyone here wants to help and to learn something new so if you approach it like that you'll get what you're looking for in no time.

*As a side note I have found that the mods do accept signs of appreciation in the form of Bourbon or various calibers of ammunition.

Stay Safe!

J

Registered
Definitely a good post to remind others!

Unfortunately, the ones who don't start with details, will most likely never read this 馃槩 even if this gets stickied.

I think the forum could benefit from a tutorial (similar to a video game) before you're allowed to post

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
I made this a stickie, not that anyone will read it. Just like the other stickies. 馃槩
Most don't read the stickies but want a quick reply to their question at hand.
It's pretty much the way of the world today and the I gotta have it now is all people know. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
These are the ones that really aren't the true enthusiasts of what we drive and love.

Im a forums veteran of 21 years and see the same thing on today's forums.
Even though we get disgusted with having to answer the same questions we have to consider the way and how we answer that question may instill a seed in the person needing that information.
Being helpful never gets old and if we can draw out that one person to become an enthusiast about his car then we've done our job.

Even though I don't own an ST I do love the brand and hope to own one some day. I have read a lot of the stickies and threads here and other forums because I may learn something from something that may pertain to the car I presently own or to gain knowledge of my passionate affair with cars.

If I can help someone because of previous experience with a similar issue and it helps the poster out I'll have done my job. 馃憤馃槑

Premium Member
Most don't read the stickies but want a quick reply to their question at hand.
It's pretty much the way of the world today and the I gotta have it now is all people know. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
These are the ones that really aren't the true enthusiasts of what we drive and love.

Im a forums veteran of 21 years and see the same thing on today's forums.
Even though we get disgusted with having to answer the same questions we have to consider the way and how we answer that question may instill a seed in the person needing that information.
Being helpful never gets old and if we can draw out that one person to become an enthusiast about his car then we've done our job.

Even though I don't own an ST I do love the brand and hope to own one some day. I have read a lot of the stickies and threads here and other forums because I may learn something from something that may pertain to the car I presently own or to gain knowledge of my passionate affair with cars.

If I can help someone because of previous experience with a similar issue and it helps the poster out I'll have done my job. 馃憤馃槑
Can you 'like' a post twice?!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts