2017 Kona Blue ST1
I, as well as others get alot of questions here. Some electrical and some mechanical all (well most) are about issues they are experiencing with their rides.
Some people do an excellent job of reading, learning and exploring all avenues before turning to the forum to ask for assistance. Others post things like "Car stalling desperate for help!" with zero additional information. Both are fine.
Anyone that has read over my posts or replies know that I try and list everything out whenever I can. Like typing out both the acronym followed by the full name. While this may aggravate more experienced or advanced members its important to remember that the majority of people who turn to us for help have no idea for the most part. Whenever you teach it's to the lowest common denominator.
For those seeking the sage like advice of our more advanced members (and these people impress the hell out of me) it's very important to give them as much information as possible. List out things like:
- The Year / Trim Level / List of Modifications of your ST. *This includes physical modifications, parts and any software changes youn may have performed.
- What the issue is. *Be descriptive, list out what's happening the best you can.
- List any current DTC ( Diagnostic Trouble Codes) and what you have already tried to resolve the issue.
- List if you have any outstanding TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) *You can search this by you VIN number located at the bottom of your windshield or the sticker inside your driver's door jamb. You can also find it on you insurance card as well.
- Any recent events that may have contributed to the issue. Auto accident, service or change to something. *Think, what was the last thing that happened before this started.
*As a side note I have found that the mods do accept signs of appreciation in the form of Bourbon or various calibers of ammunition.