14 ST3 Tangerine
27 Posts
THE BASIC FACTS

A. 2018 steering wheel core, non-heated version
B. Condition: used, 51k miles
C. $100 plus shipping
D. Location of item: broken arrow oklahoma
View attachment 394338
I've been wondering if I were to put that on my 14st3 would that work as far as steering wheel controls.and what not? I like the look of that wheel far better than oem..

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
For this to work in your PFL ('14), you'll need a new airbag, the SASM from '15+, and possibly a '15+clock spring.
I did the RS wheel in my '14, and those were the parts that I needed; cruise control did not work in mine without the newer SASM

·
Registered
14 ST3 Tangerine
27 Posts
For this to work in your PFL ('14), you'll need a new airbag, the SASM from '15+, and possibly a '15+clock spring.
I did the RS wheel in my '14, and those were the parts that I needed; cruise control did not work in mine without the newer SASM
Thanks for the info. That sounds like way more work and or money that I'm willing to do right now.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
It is totally plug-and-play, once you have all of the FL parts. Think I paid $125 for an airbag from LKQ, like $75 for the clock spring from AutoNation, and I picked up a used SASM from @Spool_Bus for around $75. I haven't had time to install the SASM yet, but the only thing that doesn't work without it is cruise control. I got a great deal on a NIB RS wheel, so it was worth it to me.

Reactions: Ricky STeamboat

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
Previous posts are correct - I have done this on my 2013 ST1 - not that hard at all once you gather the correct parts. About the hardest part is getting the pfl airbag off the wheel!!

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Agreed!! I had to make two special tools in order to get my airbag to release. Killed two el cheapo flathead screwdrivers to get one to finally work.
DSC00063 by Michael Read, on Flickr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts