Tune from 9.0-10.0 questions
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

is STRATIFIED

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tune from 9.0-10.0 questions

Hi guys I may have missed these answers so I am asking here.

1. If nothing has changed on my car and I just want to update from 9.0 to 10.0 is it $50? I thought those types of updates used to be $25?
    2. I have the aggressive tune right now and I was wondering if I should switch back to linear? My only real complaint is how abysmal 1st gear is from a dead stop. I always feel a dip or a lug no matter what.

I am taking my ST to the dealer to have the recall work done (purge valve & BCM reprogram) and apparently that is supposed to help idle and power dip issues so perhaps that will help first gear.

Thanks!
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • AEM DryFlow Air Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Breedt Short Shift Plate
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified
    • Extras: Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Brake Flasher, Dash Cam.

I spend too much of my life on FST! aaronc7's Avatar
    is needing the v8 powa

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO not worth it, especially after the $25 price hike

I would probably hold off until you need a tune adjustment for new mods etc.. same price.
    Last edited by aaronc7; 05-18-2019 at 07:06 AM.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite a price jump compared with the $25 it used to be. I've used both 9.0 and 10.0 and really preferred shifting in 9.0. I don't know what they meant by "smoother tip-in and gear change strategies" but I found it harder to shift smoothly in version 10.

As for changing throttle mapping, I see an option for Flash/Custom Tune Adjustment for $15. That may be the one you want.

2017 Focus ST1 Race Red

Steeda Clutch Spring; Focus RS Airbox Lid w/ Cobb Filter; Mountune RMM; Steeda Street/Comp FMIC; Stratified Tune; NGK Iridium IX Plugs, FRPP Exhaust, Boomba Short Throw Shifter & Shifter Bushings

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite a price jump compared with the $25 it used to be. I've used both 9.0 and 10.0 and really preferred shifting in 9.0. I don't know what they meant by "smoother tip-in and gear change strategies" but I found it harder to shift smoothly in version 10.

As for changing throttle mapping, I see an option for Flash/Custom Tune Adjustment for $15. That may be the one you want.

2017 Focus ST1 Race Red

Steeda Clutch Spring; Focus RS Airbox Lid w/ Cobb Filter; Mountune RMM; Steeda Street/Comp FMIC; Stratified Tune; NGK Iridium IX Plugs, FRPP Exhaust, Boomba Short Throw Shifter & Shifter Bushings

I spend too much of my life on FST! viper91681's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least it wasn't just me that noticed the change in price, 100% increase is a bit crazy for a OTS type tune. Not to mention it's $50 starting plus any options you may want. The price hike has me 2nd guessing if I want to continue using Stratified to be honest.
    2013 TB ST3 || Cobb AP V3, 91 Octane Tune by Stratified || Tint, 20% Front / 13% Rear || Cobb Short Shift Plate @ 40% || Mountune High Flow Air Filter || MBRP Catback || Steeda FMIC ||

is STRATIFIED

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow...so I wasn't reading it wrong? Dang. I love their tunes. I mainly wanted to switch to the 10.0 for the better tip in in first gear, but it sounds like it might not be better? Now I am second guessing the upgrade as well.
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • AEM DryFlow Air Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified
    • Extras: Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Brake Flasher, Dash Cam.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time Stratified customer. I'm jumping from 8.10 93 tune, to 10.0 93 and wmi tune. Paid $180 because on their site it said they would refine my tune (thinking multiple revisions to actually refine it) but when I got the email, it said one refinement. $180! For that, I would have spent the $275 for the same thing from JST and would have gotten a true custom tune. Really disappointed I already spent the money.
    @[email protected]

is STRATIFIED

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BizKhalifa View Post
    Long time Stratified customer. I'm jumping from 8.10 93 tune, to 10.0 93 and wmi tune. Paid $180 because on their site it said they would refine my tune (thinking multiple revisions to actually refine it) but when I got the email, it said one refinement. $180! For that, I would have spent the $275 for the same thing from JST and would have gotten a true custom tune. Really disappointed I already spent the money.
    @[email protected]
    That sucks! Hopefully the guys at Strat can explain or realize that this isnt quite working out.
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • AEM DryFlow Air Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified

Sponsored Links