Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Any Houston ST owners out there?

74K views 891 replies 84 participants last post by  mattdamon33 
#1 ·
Ever since I got my car I have yet to meet anyone in/or around the Houston area really want to meet some people lol

#866 ·
what happened to that Facebook page? Anyone still meeting up?

#868 ·
Yeah same here if yall do anything hit me up.

#870 ·
I couldn't make it to that one but I will definitely make it out to the next one there having in September.

#874 ·
Hey, Just moved back to Houston after 4 years. Where are some good car meets within a reasonable distance from Cypress? I used to go to the Conns meet in Spring but last I went a few years ago it was constantly being shut down by cops. I would rather go to meets rather than shows tbh, I am used to going to a car meet literally every single thursday, as I have done that for the past 4 years.

#875 ·
The car scene here has gone WAY down hill since 4 years ago. Ive been going to meets in the area since 2008 and nothing going on now is as good as it used to be IMO.

Saturdays you can find some people at the wolfies on 249 but that meet is usually pretty small.

Friday nights the new spot is the new Target on 99 near kuykendahl.

I work nights now so I never get to go out and play like I used to... Good times..

#877 ·
So...anyone in the north/northwest want to meet up anytime? I have been so far out of the local scene and have been used to regular meets to the point where I don't know what to do with myself and want to do something car related. Plus I can't remember what time that friday night meet is at, and not sure if it will be shutdown when I do decide to go there...

If anyone wants to do a meet let me know, I went to a meetup at fuddruckers with some of the people on here years ago when I was visiting and it was fun to hang out.

#880 ·
Lol, mentioned this meet to my mom and she went on a rant about ghetto areas. ;P

How long do you think it would take to get there from cypress at that time? I have only driven down that direction during rush hour a couple years ago.
I live about 5 minutes from the meet up, it takes me about 45-1hr to get over to your side of town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#881 ·
I live about 5 minutes from the meet up, it takes me about 45-1hr to get over to your side of town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it a fairly large meet or small (keep in mind my meet in lubbock was huge at 50ish)? Should I try and get there exactly at 7 or?

#885 ·
I've made a few FB requests to Texas ST, Houston ST/RS, and one other one... I think. Anyway, my FB page should have a photo of my Black 2017 ST1 since I bought it 7/15/17 at Planet Ford. If anyone can help me, thanks!

Also, can anyone in the Houston area help me with the global windows down program feature? Everything I've seen indicates you must do it with a PC, but I only have Mac.

#886 ·
PM me your name and I'll check with the group.

#890 ·
I live in Houston, TX, too. Down by NASA.

I am in desperate need of a good, reliable, and HONEST Focus ST mechanic/shop to continue performing maintenance on my racing red 2014 Focus ST (ST3).

The last time I took my ST to the local Ford dealer, the car had gone out of warranty (years not miles) so the greedy bastard screwed me over. This particular dealer resides on the IH 45 South frontage road just outside of ****inson, TX, and, in my opinion, it seems as if the dealership mechanics have been trained to repair only tractors, pickup trucks, and V8 Mustangs because they certainly don't know anything about turbo-charged engines.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have to offer of good mechanics/shops that you can vouch for personally. Hearsay won't do because, all too often, hearsay is just another word for bull****.

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.