Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Mountune insurance

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Arragonis 
#1 ·
Hi guys I'm getting the mountune 260 done to my focus but keep getting told by insurance company's I can get insurance. I live in rossendale which seems to be a black spot for insurance. I've had one quote from Adrian flux for £1600 is that good or can anyone recommend an insurance company. Green light said they can't do it. Cheers Lee

#3 ·
"Car Stickers
Many insurance companies consider stickers and decals to be a type of car modification. If you have either on your car or are thinking of applying them, check with your insurance provider first to ensure they accept these modifications as part of their policy."

Is this insurance page a giant troll?

#4 ·
WOW. You guys scored with Brexit but now it looks like you have to drain your own swamp if laws and rules like that are allowed over there. I always am amazed at the regulations in Europe.

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17
#6 ·
I currently pay 770 with adrian flux on stage 1 golf gti 320 hp and lots of other mods
When I got quote for focus st2 which I have ordered it was a extra £90 standard no mods which makes no sense to me think they just make it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Insurance is required in the UK. I'm happy with that as it reduces (but doesn't eliminate) the chance of being hit by someone uninsured.

All mods (and yes, this can include stickers) have to be declared to keep your cover.

That tapped, choose the right mod-friendly company and as long as you have a good record (loads of years of no claims for example) then you should have no issues getting cover. When I had a Fabia VRS TDi I chose a mod-friendly company and after a remap (130hp->170-ish, much more torque) and uprated clutch they were fine with it all and gave me that in writing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.