Insurance
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Insurance

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insurance

We have a 2017 ST and a 2019 Escape 2.0 T AWD Titanium...with GEICO we have on both a $2,000 deductible for both collision and comprehensive....our premium combined (includes a 7 yr , 100,000 mile mechanical breakdown insurance on both) = a total of $1,072 ....if I change to $100 deductibles...it would total $1,802 per year. So, I save $730 / year by having $2K ded. If I go 3 years without a claim where my deductible applies ....I'm ahead....go 10 years and I'm $7,300 ahead. Cars are always garaged when not in use so hail damage possibility greatly reduced. Even one claim in 10 years & I'm still $5,300 ahead.

Kansas is a no fault state......but remember...no fault does not apply to collision....applies to medical.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, here's something cool....I set up the FordPass account when I bought the Escape May 10th,....I have 44,476 points.....

11,000 points cover an oil change/filter & tire rotation & multi point inspection .
    20,000 points cover an oil change/filter & tire rotation & multi point inspection + a cabin air filter & installation.

With FordPass I can start the Escape from my cell phone & select air conditioner / heater settings.

I spend too much of my life on FST! xTheMan42's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this some bot?
    BizKhalifa likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my thread offends you, please stop reading it.

is waiting for his FMIC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your thread isn't offensive, it's confusing at best. Because there is no point. What's to take from it? Get your car insured? Get Fordpass? Burn down China?
    BizKhalifa likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know so many people that haven't really thought through the deductible vs premium issue & it bugs me that they over pay so much over a lifetime of driving. If you use my real world numbers I cited in my first post....over a 60 year driving lifetime you could save as much as $43,800. I thought the point/issue might be of some value to someone on the forum. What % of our forum members do you suppose are carrying low deductibles instead of high?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda get it when you're young and dumb and most of the accidents you're involved in are your own fault. My wife and I got married when we were 18 & 19 YO....1971....during those 48 years neither of us has ever been involved in an accident that was our fault...the other driver's policy has always paid for the damages to our vehicles.

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could have explained a bit more in your first post what you were hoping to achieve by sharing your insurance details. It just came off as sort of odd and not presented in a way that made sense. Your later explanation that you were attempting to show the benefit/cost savings that you see from carrying a higher deductible was helpful.

That being said, I am not sure most people are comfortable with having a $2000 deductible. Plenty of us have run into sub $1000 damages and would be a financial burden not having insurance come in to cover earlier than $2000. Or even in a larger accident, covering $2000 of the damages is a bit intimidating.

On my policy, which covers two drivers and three vehicles, my deductibles are at $250 for comprehensive and $500 for collision. If i max those out to $2000 each, I would only save about $22 a month. I see your point but for me its not worth the hassle. If you end up with bad luck and have a few incidents in a short period of time or some hit skips, it would add up and i feel better not being on the line every time.
    Mod list here

is waiting for his FMIC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everyone has to calculate if it adds up to have a higher deductible or not. In @rambleon84 's case, I wouldn't do it either. I'm at 500 and 1000 € deductible, but insurance stuff is pretty different in Germany, as the deductibles only count towards your own car*. Going to the minimum of 150 and 300 € would bump my quarterly fee up by 117 €.

*For anyone interested: Here it is split between liability, partial cover and full cover.
    The deductible only applies to the partial and full cover. Liability must not have any sort of deductible.
    Which means:
    - I hit a wall and my bumper comes of = Full cover - I have to pay 1k myself.
    - My windscreens gets smashed = partial cover - I have to pay 500 myself
    - I run over someone and my car remains unscathed = liability - I won't pay anything myself.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tornado/s close by last night.....found pieces of other people's houses in our yard this morning.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links