Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Pennsylvania ST's

465K views 6K replies 365 participants last post by  jwuonog 
#1 ·
Just want to find out who's around the area.

#4,718 ·
The report clams that a aftermarket dp will cause the turbo to spool faster and that will cause more boost and blow out a piston ring......not if it had forged internals like it should have been designed with on an engine running that much boost!

#4,720 ·
That's garbage. If the turbo spooling extra were to cause damage don't you think that damage would be to the turbo as opposed to the rings? Just another example of Ford trying to get out of a warranty claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Focust st 2014
#4,719 ·
@FordService

Do you have any insight into my situation?
I bleed Ford Blue and have for my hole life and this is what Ford is truning out to be?

#4,726 ·
Hey Focust st 2014,

I do see that your dealer reached out to one of our regional customer service managers (CSM) and opened a case. The CSM is working with them regarding this. I've updated the case, and requested that they reach out to you directly as well. We want to restore your faith in Ford.

In a general sense, the installation or use of any aftermarket product will not necessarily void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. However, if the aftermarket product fails or causes a Ford Motor Company part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage(s) are not covered under warranty.

Rachel

#4,740 ·
You’re very welcome, Focust st 2014.

I replied to your PM, and let me know if you need anything else! :D

Tricia
Ok sounds good and I replied to your reply. Thanks again. Hopefully we can get this all raken care of soon. I have a Vacation scheduled for the middle of November and was planning on taking the ST. That's the car on my reservations that were finalized like 3 months ago.

Have a good day Tricia.

#4,722 ·
@focusst2014 that really stinks about your car. I hope things go in your favor but it sounds pretty scary at the moment. But it is exactly the same thing that happened to my car and it got paid. However I had the broken valve issue. They paid it no questions asked because I think while servicing it, somehow they broke the valve. That's the only reason they paid for it so quick that I can think of. I think those rings and loss of compression are the car's achilles heel. When there are problems, it seems like it's a compression issue and the rings. Just my .02$

On another topic, don't forget about the meet next Saturday. If it's too cold, we can always just turn it into a brewery invaders event!

The link: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...dley-creek-state-park-delaware-county-pa.html

#4,723 ·
Thanks for your .02 cents. We shall see what happens. If things go for the worst, I dis find a wrecked ST with only 6,500 miles that has a good motor. It was hit in the rear totalling the car. So we shall see and I will keep this updated on here.

#4,725 ·
Right now I have to play the waiting game. The dealership still has my car and I can't make a move in either direction till I get the final word from them. I hope I don't get denied my warranty and then have a hefty bill to pay on top of that! They will get told where they can stick the bill if it happens and the ST also can go there! Lol this totally sucks!!! Thanks for the heads up though!

#4,732 ·
Also just some info on Ford Performance Mustang display at SEMA.

All the cars in their display all HAVE aftermarket parts that would void the warrant. How are US as the consumers supposed to be able to back a company like this when they in fact support aftermarket companies that have made cars for them but will not back us when we follow their examples of these car and do the mods that they have done? Big conflict of interest here if you ask me. So what they are telling us is, Here look at these cars that have been made for us (Ford Performance) here at SEMA. We are spotlighting these companies is our booth, but don't you as the consumer do any of these mods because if your car has a problem, we (Ford) will void your warranty?!?!?!?

:sad:

#4,733 ·
What really pisses me off is that Focust ST 2014 went with the frpp tune, and had to endure our endless teasing and mockery at meets while he refused to do.anything to void his warranty.

Seriously we busted his balls constantly, and his only solace was his faith in the ford warranty. As soon as his motor pops he gets denied warranty coverage over two BS parts. Pure madness.

I kinda want to see the list they print out if i ever took my car to a dealership for work, lmao.

#4,734 · (Edited)
Yes, you guys did bust my chops hard for the route I took with my ST. I had faith in a company that I thought did all of their homework on a tune and it turned out to probably be the worst tune possible for our cars and how they are built. Who designs a tune to let all that boost possible at low RPM's to create the numbers that FRPP clams and it did produce without taking into effect the strength of the engine. No forged internals and high boost at low RPM's equals blown motor. My car is proof of this fact. I should have went with Mountune, a company that has been tuning cars like ours for way longer than Ford Performance!

#4,735 ·
This is a ridiculous display of BSery on our hands. I'm pretty appalled by your case as it is unfolding. I know this very case doesn't justify what everywhere else entails, but this is absurd. I too come from a Ford family and never have I seen anything like this.

#4,741 ·
How many cars out there have ran turbos twice the size of factory and completely bolted with 30+psi of boost out there without issues, mine is one, and they are trying to tell you that a downpipe caused your turbo to spin to fast for the motor to handle?! I had a gtx2867 spiking 32psi and holding 28-30psi and never had issues. Sounds like you drew the short straw with your dealership sir and i hope it gets resolved soon and in your favor because thats a load of crap.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#4,742 ·
I completely agree with you on this! Thanks for the support!

#4,749 ·
Well I have a update on my situation!

After a lot of back and forth between Ford, Ford Performance, and my dealership, Ford Performance is buying a engine for my car. It will come with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty! But with that being said, Ford Warranty and Ford Performance is not covering the install. So labor for the install is left to me to pay for. Not completely happy about this outcome but it could have been worse. So they quoted me about 17 hours for the install and they said they were going to start it this morning. I hope to have my ST back by Monday if the body shop can get it finished by then. The only thing besides them offering a better warranty than you get with a new car is that the stock downpipe MUST be installed with the new engine and the factory bypass valve must also be installed at the same time. I'm fine with both of that only because of the warranty that they are offering on the new crate engine.
This all came about after my service manager told Ford racing that there is no way to truly determine if the aftermarket parts actually caused the engine to fail and due to him and I being persistent with Ford and Ford Performance as to getting this covered under warranty. Me mentioning the Maguson-Moss act also helped and the fact that Ford Performance does not list that installing a dp will void their warranty on the engine.

Interested in hearing what you all on here have to say about all this!
Thanks

Reactions: boarder140
#4,757 ·
Ok new update!

So I stopped by the dealership yesterday to turn in the loaner car and was informed that the ST lives! It's running and driving with no issues. They are going to be doing the emissions test for inspection today and the car will be good to pick up afterwards. They just need to put miles on it to get all the sensors to the ready state. Super excited to get the car back today!! Hope all goes well.
So while I was looking over the car I noticed a few little things that weren't right. 1, they lost a diffuser fin off the rear bumper cover. 2, when they had the car apart they laid the cowl and wipers on the dash and left 2 imprints on the dash where they were sitting! So who's not a happy camper.......this guy! I told them about it and they said they would try to fix the dash and that they will pay for the missing diffuser fin. So we shall see. I will be doing a nother in depth look over when I get in there today. They also said they will have it hand washed and detailed for me when I come to get it.

I will have another update after I get to pick it up and test drive it before leaving the dealership.

#4,762 ·
So PA guys, if any of you are familiar with our state's beautiful thing called a Sheetz gas station, a local one is adding Flex Fuel. Therefore for the first time ever I'll have Ethanol possibly available for me.

First off: Sheetz regular gas is terrible. I've had issues with every Sheetz I've ever used. OAR drops and Negative corrections for days.
Second off: Flex Fuel at Sheetz is 30-85e or something like that...and they also have E15 going in. Is this usable?

Thanks,
Brian.

#4,763 ·
Regular gas is blended up to 10 percent ethanol aka E10.
E85 is that good shiz, but you need to be tuned to run ethanol past a certain percentage.

I like to spike my sunoco or shell 93 with 2 gallons of E85. On my full stage three 93 tune its quite nice. Ign advance for days, lol.

#4,767 ·
@brian60

Pics of Palmyra Sheetz pumps as promised...

Yellow Auto part Technology Label Machine

#4,797 ·
If you need winter wheels, I have a set of 17 inch wheels with tires that have about half the tread wear left. They have Michelin X-ice tires. I'd like to get $400 for them. I was asking 600 but will let them go for less to a forum member.

#4,779 ·
Hi Guys,

Just an FYI. I am selling my winter wheels and tires 225/50R17. Tires are Michelin X-ice Xi3 tires with about 1/2 tread left. See craigslist for these. Asking $600 but for forum member will give a better deal.

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Vehicle Rim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.