JBR Focus & Focus ST Coilover Suspension Kits in Stock!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: JBR Focus & Focus ST Coilover Suspension Kits in Stock!!

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JBR Focus & Focus ST Coilover Suspension Kits in Stock!!

Details:
    Designed with a wide range of adjustabilty, the JBR coilover suspension kit lets you ride to work and carve up the town in maximum style and comfort. Then, when the weekend comes and you're preparing to grid, fine-tune all four corners and transform your Focus from a mean street machine into a corner hugging track beast. With 32 points of compression and rebound adjustment as well as being fully height adjustable, these coilovers are the only choice when it comes to use on the street and the track.

The JBR front coilovers include camber plates machined from 6061 aluminum and anodized for a sleek look and corrosion protection. They're then fitted with nickel plated steel adjustment plates with pillow ball mounts for smooth, quite operation that will last a lifetime.

The front dampers are of a mono-tube construction with 32 points of compression and rebound adjustment. They carry a 24 month warranty and are fully re-buildable. The entire front assembly is height adjustable from -.5" to -3.25".

In the rear you'll find another mono-tube damper also with 32 points of compression and rebound adjustment. Included with the rear dampers are upper mounts machined from 6061 aluminum, secured to the damper with soft yet very durable rubber bushings. They also carry a 24 month warranty and are fully rebuildable.

The lower mount for the rear dampers are again machined from 6061 aluminum with nickel plated steel sleeves and rubber bushings.

The rear height adjustment is achieved with adjustable spring perches that bolt in to the lower control arm providing a range of adjustment from -.5" to -3.25".

The front and rear springs are made from high quality metal alloy spring steel which undergoes a cold winging process followed by induction hardening and tempering to maintain spring rates, maximize fatigue life and minimize deformation. The front springs are 7.5K and the rear springs are 4.5K

Applications Available:

Features:
    • - Completely assembled and ready to install
    • - Upper rear shock mounts included
    • - 32 point compression and rebound adjustments front & Rear
    • - Fully height adjustable from ~-.5" to -3.25"
    • - Fully re-buildable

Includes:
    • - 2 Adjustable front coilovers with camber plates and 7.5k springs
    • - 2 Front adjustment keys
    • - 2 Rear 4.5K springs
    • - 2 Adjustable rear spring perches
    • - 2 Adjustable rear shocks with upper mounts
    • - Full 24 month warranty

Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy sh** it's like you read my mind.

Sent from my iPhone

I spend too much of my life on FST! danmad32's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @[email protected]

This looks like a really nice kit, and I would definitely be interested if I didn't already have a Ground Control setup. How did you decide on the spring rates for the setup and are they standard springs that could be purchased in various rates? I ask because @XRJoe went through the calculations to show the ST should really have a higher rear spring rate than the front due to the inboard location of the rear spring. https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...ing-rates.html Will you offer custom rates? My current setup is the GC kit with 8k front 10k rear spring rates and your RSB on the less stiff setting. It's pretty stiff for the potholes of Detroit, but is great on track.

On a sidenote will you be at the Auto Interests Pitt Race event in July and if so will the ST with these on it be there? I spoke with you there in May and I and @SiThlord will be there again in July.
    XRJoe likes this.
    2014 Focus ST1 | Daily Driver + Track Day Machine

Ground Control Coilovers | JBR RSB | | Massive Camber Arms + Toe Links| Depo Racing 3.5" FMIC | Borla Catback| Mishimoto Oil Cooler | ST3 Recaros | Schroth Quickfit Pro | Watson Racing Roll Bar
    Wilwood FNSL6 + S80 Rotors w/ Hawk DTC-60 and Wilwood BP10 (front) | Frankenbrake + Hawk Street/Race (rear) | Castrol SRF | VT Stage 2 + Mike's Brake Ducts | Cobb Short Shift Plate

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danmad32 View Post
    @[email protected]

This looks like a really nice kit, and I would definitely be interested if I didn't already have a Ground Control setup. How did you decide on the spring rates for the setup and are they standard springs that could be purchased in various rates? I ask because @XRJoe went through the calculations to show the ST should really have a higher rear spring rate than the front due to the inboard location of the rear spring. https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...ing-rates.html Will you offer custom rates? My current setup is the GC kit with 8k front 10k rear spring rates and your RSB on the less stiff setting. It's pretty stiff for the potholes of Detroit, but is great on track.

On a sidenote will you be at the Auto Interests Pitt Race event in July and if so will the ST with these on it be there? I spoke with you there in May and I and @SiThlord will be there again in July.
    I don't think anyone in FoST community really knows what they want when it comes to spring rates. Some say they should be stiffer and some say they should be softer. Some say they should be the same front and rear some say the should be 70/30, 60/40 or whatever. The rates of the kits currently available are all over.

We chose the slightly stiffer side of medium and incorporated dampers with a wider range of adjustabilty than offered by most. This combination gives you a great street setup, even in Detroit. Then with some tuning you can have an amazing track setup too. Most don't want to add a front sway bar and most do add a rear bar like you have. The rates we're currently offering when coupled with a rear bar are nothing short of awesome on the street and the track. We spent two summers driving to and from the track and put a few thousand laps on track with the ST and these coilovers in the current configuration are incredible. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't put my name on them.

Your setup is really too stiff for a DD and maybe a bit too stiff for the track as well. Just my opinion.

The springs we have are standard and we may choose to offer different rates as options in the future.

I would happy to allow anyone in our area to come and take our shop car for a spin. Sorry, we will not be at Pitt in July. We will be at Mid Ohio over Labor day.
    danmad32 likes this.

Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com

I spend too much of my life on FST! juSTin_1's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited to install mine and get them on the track. In my 2015 ford engineered stiffer front springs and slightly stiffer struts/shocks all around. Quite a difference from the stock suspension on the 2013/2014 model years. I think JBR did their homework on these! Oh and thanks for the super fast shipping!

danmad32 likes this.
    2015 Focus ST Magnetic Metallic

James Barone Racing
    JBR Tru-3.0 Wide Path Full Intake System
    JBR PCV Oil Catch Can Kit
    JBR Rear Motor Mount- 88 Duro
    JBR Tru Block Sound Symposer Block-Off and Delete
    JB Armor Mudflaps
    JBR Cylindrical Heavy Shift Knob

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are on! Thanks JBR for making some great coilovers!
    [email protected] likes this.

James Barone Racing
    JB Armor Mudflaps

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump for these! The ride is great!

James Barone Racing
    JB Armor Mudflaps

I spend too much of my life on FST! galaxy7's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to me this setup is built from the ground up just for the ST...appealing! Couple questions for Jamie or anyone...what kind of life/mileage can you get out of these with normal, daily driver duty? Are the compression and rebound adjustments separate? Or one knob for both duties? I know it would be s huge price point, but how about an in car adjustment set-up like on some of the top end Bilsteins...that would be *****in. Finally, would one really see or reap the benefits of s rear sway bar for DD duty? Even spirited weekend driving?
    rkaisher08 likes this.

is Dreaming of the parts I cant
    afford...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juSTin_1 View Post

They are on! Thanks JBR for making some great coilovers!
    Are these set at the minimum drop? I see they go from -.5 to -3.25 which is why I'm curious. looking into coils for spring and these by far seem like the best product for the money. Thanks
    2015 Focus ST2 TS
    Work in Progress...
    Steeda SS delete
    Green filter
    Turbosmart BOV
    Cobb RMM
    Depo 3.5" FMIC
    boomba short shifter
    shifter base bushings/cable bushings
    anarchy mammoth transparent copper
    20% 3m color stable tint
    ZL1 Rock Gaurds
    MGP caliper covers
    18x8.5 +35 Rotiform TMB's DDT
    Velossatech big mouth snorkel
    TRC Low line splitter kit
    AirLift Performace with V2 Management
    rear wiper delete

I spend too much of my life on FST! Bradley's Avatar
    is broken

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugh want these in my life!!
    13 Ingot Silver ST, basic mods intake, exhaust, 2.3 stroker and massive turbo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links