Attn Noobs: Ask anything and not get flamed thread. - Page 645
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 645 of 647 FirstFirst ... 145 545 595 635 643 644 645 646 647 LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 6461
Like Tree1398Likes

Thread: Attn Noobs: Ask anything and not get flamed thread.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaxx View Post
    Anyone know how to get the O2 sensor out? Specifically the upstream O2. It’s in a pretty hard to reach place and it seems like I can’t get my socket wrench in a good enough spot to get it off.

Sent from The Mystery Machine
    I just sprayed mine with PB Blaster to make it easier and then went in kind of blind with the socket. I did have my intake tube and the manifold below the windshield off though, which might help.

I was using an O2 wrench with the offset piece that you connect to an extension. I think I had a very short range of motion so I just rocked it back and forth. Wear mechanics gloves, I made a few donations to my car in the process.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

I just bought a used 2017 ST1 from a dealership, so I have limited information on what the previous owner did to the car. So far, I know that the exhaust has been switched to Fords performance cat back exhaust, and I also know that a Cobb intake has been installed as well. There are a couple other minor cosmetic things the previous owner did too (Smoked tail lights, painted calipers, new shift knob, etc). Id like to know if the previous owner had the car tuned. Is there any easy way for me to find out whether or not a tune was done without contacting the last owner?

Premium Member
    is here

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herreid View Post
    Hey all,

I just bought a used 2017 ST1 from a dealership, so I have limited information on what the previous owner did to the car. So far, I know that the exhaust has been switched to Fords performance cat back exhaust, and I also know that a Cobb intake has been installed as well. There are a couple other minor cosmetic things the previous owner did too (Smoked tail lights, painted calipers, new shift knob, etc). Id like to know if the previous owner had the car tuned. Is there any easy way for me to find out whether or not a tune was done without contacting the last owner?
    Well if it was COBB tuned it most likely had a map switching ability, pull the cruise control button, then hit + or - and see if the tach points to 1,2, or 3.
    gemery likes this.
    Stratified Custom Tune (91 and E30) CPE Lightweight FMIC VelossaTech Intake Snorkel
    FSwerks Shift Bracket+Busings (40%) Wilwood FNSL6 14" NGK LTR7IX-11
    Green Filter Steeda RMM, TTR Upper Passenger Gloss black wrapped roof
    TSW Rivage 18X8 5-108 +40mm Husky Liner Floor mats (All) Global windows mod
    Fogs on with High Beam mod (Diode Dynamics XML2 Fogs) Limo tint rear, Front legal Proclip Pillar mount
    Led Interior lights Breedt APM

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heyy i recently bought a modified 2014 st and it has a water/methanol injection and im not too familiar with these kits it feeds from my washer fluid container so was just wondering if i can just run a high methanol wiper juice like -40 to get like a 50/50 mix or should i make a mix with water and methanol ?

this is the most available stuff i have
    Turbo Power Windshield Washer -40°C - Anti-freeze, windshield wash, solvents, Global supplier of automotive liquids & household chemicals - Recochem Inc.
    if anyone has knowledge on this it would be appreciated
    2014 Focus ST
    Roush cold air intake
    Roush Catback
    MBRP 3" Catless downpipe
    Cobb rear motor mount
    Levels performance intercooler
    JLT oil separator
    Ngk 1 Step colder spark plugs
    turbosmart 50/50 BOV
    FSwerks short shifter
    Cobb Access port v3
    H&R coils
    Rally armor mud flaps
    Boomba wing risers
    Maxton Design front spliter
    Maxton Design side spliters

dont know brand
    cooling mist water Methanol Injection.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziospawn View Post
    heyy i recently bought a modified 2014 st and it has a water/methanol injection and im not too familiar with these kits it feeds from my washer fluid container so was just wondering if i can just run a high methanol wiper juice like -40 to get like a 50/50 mix or should i make a mix with water and methanol. If it's tuned for it don't let it run out.I would want to find out if it's tuned for the methanol or not.

this is the most available stuff i have
    Turbo Power Windshield Washer -40°C - Anti-freeze, windshield wash, solvents, Global supplier of automotive liquids & household chemicals - Recochem Inc.
    if anyone has knowledge on this it would be appreciated

Snow says to only run the plain blue -20 degree antifreeze. No other colors or additive such as Rain-X or bug remover. Those will generally be around 30% methanol. if you want to 50/50 mix you add either two or three bottles of heet in the yellow bottle to a gallon of the washer fluid.I've also heard that washer fluid can eventually plug up the filters on your nozzles if they have them. But they're generally pretty easy to clean.
    Last edited by G heinrich; 06-15-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Premium Member
    is This Space Intentionally Left
    Blank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys weren't kidding about this thread, but to add, most Noobs will not read all pages, and I bet the same questions have been asked multiple times before.
    Corey

2017 Race Red ST1
    -Upgraded Fog, Low Beam, and Hi Beam Bubs
    -K&N Drop in
    -Big Mouth Snorkel
    -Symposer Delete
    -Cobb Shifter Plate
    -MBRP Cat-Back
    2000 Dodge Dakota R/T
    1985 GPz550/615cc

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’. I just need to know where I been!

I spend too much of my life on FST! LeojST's Avatar
    is seeking enlightenment.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G heinrich View Post
    Snow says to only run the plain blue -20 degree antifreeze. No other colors or additive such as Rain-X or bug remover. Those will generally be around 30% methanol. if you want to 50/50 mix you add either two or three bottles of heet in the yellow bottle to a gallon of the washer fluid.I've also heard that washer fluid can eventually plug up the filters on your nozzles if they have them. But they're generally pretty easy to clean.
    Hold on. Did I just read that right? When running methanol setups, you run it using your window cleaning fluid?!! My mind just got blown. I’m gonna have to do some research!
    Kona Blue 2016 ST2

AEM DryFlow Air Filter
    Mountune Intake Pipe (What can I say? I like the way it looks!)
    COBB APv3 (Stage 1 tune, for now)
    Diode Dynamics Reverse Light LED Upgrade
    Anarchy Motive Titan Custom Shift Knob
    Husky Floor Liners
    Global Windows

is boy calls it "daddies
    vroom vroom"

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeojST View Post
    Hold on. Did I just read that right? When running methanol setups, you run it using your window cleaning fluid?!! My mind just got blown. I’m gonna have to do some research!
    check out my build (many others). my meth tank is my windshield washer fluid tank. works great and saves from having to install a tank in the car

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo, what's up yall... straight up noob here from Texas! I'm no super mechanic, but I'll do most of my own repairs if I'm able. I purchased a '11 Focus SES about a year and a half ago. It only had 61+K miles on it. I'm a Ford guy and this Focus is my first and I really love it!! I recently bought a cold air intake for it but didn't do my homework. There's no where to put my MAF sensor. In doing so, I forgot to disconnect the battery before I disconnected the MAF sensor. Now with the CAI installed, I have a wrench light indicator on and when I press the gas, it bogs down. It idles fine. I'm thinking it's the KAM code and need to eliminate that code. I'm like a sponge so, let me know possible reasons and I'm even ready for ridicule...👍

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First focus and I love it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sponsored Links