A more formal introduction
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JDst3

Thread: A more formal introduction

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A more formal introduction

So Iíve been on this board for 2 years now since I got my car in July 2017. Nothing special, itís a performance blue 2014 ST3. Was supposed to just be my daily that I wasnít going to mod because I have a 3000GT VR-4 in the garage that needs to be fixed, but that can wait until Iím done school next year. I just recently got a Boomba BOV and ordered a Cobb AP v3 from FSWerks to add to my filter, Cobb RMM, and short shifter/ shifter bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator Duece McCracken's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is boosting again, but that 5spd
    life, ugh.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDst3 View Post
    So I’ve been on this board for 2 years now since I got my car in July 2017. Nothing special, it’s a performance blue 2014 ST3. Was supposed to just be my daily that I wasn’t going to mod because I have a 3000GT VR-4 in the garage that needs to be fixed, but that can wait until I’m done school next year. I just recently got a Boomba BOV and ordered a Cobb AP v3 from FSWerks to add to my filter, Cobb RMM, and short shifter/ shifter bushings.

How about some pics of the VR-4? I don't see many of those kicking around much these days, besides junkyards. It's a cool platform, I can't imagine maintaining it though, lol
    Owner and lead tech of Duece's Wrenchworx. The one stop shade tree ST shop.

Build thread - https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-duecette.html

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    How about some pics of the VR-4? I don't see many of those kicking around much these days, besides junkyards. It's a cool platform, I can't imagine maintaining it though, lol
    Yeah maintaining them isnít always cheap, especially if you donít find an unmolested one. Mine was a pristine one-owner when I got it, but my electronic boost controller gave me trouble after a year. Then after I had just upgraded the turbos it overboosted while I was doing a pull in second. Iíll spare the details but Iím in PTA school so Iíd rather just get back to it once I graduate and have money to throw at it until itís good again lol.

Duece McCracken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    life, ugh.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah maintaining them isn’t always cheap, especially if you don’t find an unmolested one. Mine was a pristine one-owner when I got it, but my electronic boost controller gave me trouble after a year. Then after I had just upgraded the turbos it overboosted while I was doing a pull in second. I’ll spare the details but I’m in PTA school so I’d rather just get back to it once I graduate and have money to throw at it until it’s good again lol.

I do love that color, I had a Wildberry Metallic Pearl 95 Talon TSI AWD, among other DSMs, lol

What are your plans with her? Going big and bold, or just getting her going?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love that color, I had a Wildberry Metallic Pearl 95 Talon TSI AWD, among other DSMs, lol

What are your plans with her? Going big and bold, or just getting her going?
    Hell yeah dude! I love DSMs even though I never had one myself.

I guess depending what I find in there will dictate what I do. If it winds up needing a new shortblock or piston(s) or something, then Iíll probably have it rebuilt and make sure I donít cut any corners while Iím in there. I want it done right so I donít have to mess with it again, meaning going to a reputable 3S shop. 13gís were the original plan for 375-400awhp, but I might sell the 13gís for some bigger turbos and definitely snag some bigger injectors with a chrome ECU to shoot for 450-500awhp. Iíll put collectors insurance on it and have it be my weekend warrior/ show car.

Premium Member
    life, ugh.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah dude! I love DSMs even though I never had one myself.

I guess depending what I find in there will dictate what I do. If it winds up needing a new shortblock or piston(s) or something, then I’ll probably have it rebuilt and make sure I don’t cut any corners while I’m in there. I want it done right so I don’t have to mess with it again, meaning going to a reputable 3S shop. 13g’s were the original plan for 375-400awhp, but I might sell the 13g’s for some bigger turbos and definitely snag some bigger injectors with a chrome ECU to shoot for 450-500awhp. I’ll put collectors insurance on it and have it be my weekend warrior/ show car.

Awesome plan man!! Fell free to make a build thread here, in the other builds section, if you want. I'd stalk it for sure.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome plan man!! Fell free to make a build thread here, in the other builds section, if you want. I'd stalk it for sure.
    Sounds good! Iíll definitely keep that in mind for once Iím ready to get started on it again. Thank you

Sponsored Links