Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Greetings from Germany

2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Invincible 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm Patrick and since a bit over a year now, I have a black '13 ST and damn... I love that car.
I've been reading in this forum for quite a while now, getting some info on mods and other technical stuff.
Things I've done so far:
- DP with sports cat
- 3" bastuck exhaust
- 25mm H&R lowering springs
- FSwerks lower front traction bar
- Mountune short shifter
- K&N 57i kit
- SS tuning gear lever
- Motec MCR2 Ultralight wheels (40 mm offset), 8x18 with Nitto NT555G2
- Maxton Design front splitter
- 3D printed Throttle pedal spacer
- 15 mm H&R Wheel spacers (On Snowflakes in winter only)

There's a lot of interesting stuff to find here in this forum, even if not everything can be applied here in Europe (The laws over here are a huge pita). But maybe I can find some other great mods which don't get me into too much trouble. Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Rim Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: elyk864 and gemery
#2 ·
Welcome to the forums
greetings from the Netherlands

#3 ·
welcome! greeting from Geilenkirchen! rh-Renntechnic has some great parts and specialize on the ST/RS platform. They also do installs with TUV ;).

Reactions: Invincible
#4 ·
I already know about Ray ;)
Will probably order an FMIC from him next month. I'm still torn about a Mishimoto FMIC, which I could get my hands on for approx. 213$ (190 €) but this one would be illegal and stay illegal unless I butter in another 1500 quid to have it registered via TÜV single-acceptance §21 STzVo...
Living in Germany kinda sucks when you're a piston head.

Reactions: Pfiles
#7 ·
so the cable linkage that connects to the shift arm and the shift (don't know what its called) lol but its 2 pieces that make shifting super precise and I think it feels great. google solid cable bushings. amazon and ebay have them for a good price.

#8 ·
I have them paired with my short shift arm and WOW just wow on the feel

#9 ·
Ah okay. That makes sense. Maybe I'll look into it someday too. But first... I need to source an US-front grill ( CM5Z-8200-BA), shaved or not. Then comes the FMIC and a Cobb AP v3 after that.

#13 ·
whats the difference?

#11 ·
I don't know. Probably not, because I think it would be a but too much. Initially I wanted to do asymmetrical stripes, but then I did the headlight stripes. To be honest, even though they're on for two months now, I'm still not sure if I want to keep them.
I would like something a bit more discreet, like matt black or matt dark grey decals and stripes, but then it would become pretty cumbersome to wax the car.

#16 ·
The only difference is probably the same as the US and UK versions, the UK version having this big ugly patch of flat plastic where the number plate goes whilst the US version doesn't. I'm still wondering where I can get hold of the custom version Vivid made for their special edition. "hint*

#17 ·
Yes that's it. The us version is clean and can be shaved while the EU version has that big ugly patch of plain plastic which you can't even get rid of.

#20 · (Edited)
Not if it looks like this...

Oh and by the way, I can cross the AP V3 off my 'mods I still have to get'-list, because I just bought one used (but only 4 months old) for 350 quid ?

Attachments

Reactions: Pfiles
#22 ·
Most of them are that big, sadly. Only Switzerland has those teeny-weeny tiny plates on the front. (See pics in the OP for reference)

#23 ·
ah I see lol yeah that a pain. I would only shave mine if I decide to do something with the crash bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.