Ford Focus ST Forum

Average gains from Freektune Stage 1?

Thread: Average gains from Freektune Stage 1?

Tags:

IcyFridge said:

Average gains from Freektune Stage 1?

I tried to PM but no response.

What would you say the average WHP is of a Freektune OTS+ Stage 1 tune? 250WHP/320WTQ?
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2018 Hot Pepper ST1
    Freektuned
    Roush Catback
    AEM Dryflow with Velossa Big Mouth
    Diode Dynamics SL1
    ... and a very light foot.. no, seriously.

Zeek said:
    Seems about right

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Duece McCracken said:
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyFridge View Post
    I tried to PM but no response.

What would you say the average WHP is of a Freektune OTS+ Stage 1 tune? 250WHP/320WTQ?
    I wouldn't worry about the "gains" on a stage one OTS+ tune.

You should be more interested in the awesome throttle response, smooth power delivery, and better idle. Which makes the car an absolute blast to drive. Noticeably better than Cobb OTS tunes. It's more about how it gets to peak hp/trq than what the numbers are.
    Owner and lead tech of Duece's Wrenchworx. The one stop shade tree ST shop.

Build thread - https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-duecette.html

porkcereal said:
    Did you bother to look at his website? There are a few right on the main page. https://www.freektune.com/collection...ocus-st-e-tune

IcyFridge said:
    Quote Originally Posted by porkcereal View Post
    Did you bother to look at his website? There are a few right on the main page. https://www.freektune.com/collection...ocus-st-e-tune
    Ah. The image was blocked here at work. I see it now on my phone.
    2018 Hot Pepper ST1
    Freektuned
    Roush Catback
    Diode Dynamics SL1

IcyFridge said:
    Just ordered my APv3 OTS+. Now I am going to bite my nails off waiting for it!
    2018 Hot Pepper ST1
    Freektuned
    Roush Catback
    Diode Dynamics SL1

Duece McCracken said:
    Just ordered my APv3 OTS+. Now I am going to bite my nails off waiting for it!
    Great choice. I'm on my third Full tune with Justin. I also ran 3 of his OTS+ maps, and have had several touch ups. So I have a very good idea of what Justin does.

I'm actually currently in another full tune, for my port injection with my gtx3076r gen 2. Still the same level of service as my first OTS+ from them, 5 years later.

Justin is always on the higher end of outputs from tuners, and is still my favorite tuner. I have never had any reason to switch. If I did, I'd go with Nishan. He is great. I'm starting to work with Torrie at Unleashed for my uncles 3.5 ecoboost expedition, which besides SCT sucking, should be pretty sweet.

IcyFridge said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    Great choice. I'm on my third Full tune with Justin. I also ran 3 of his OTS+ maps, and have had several touch ups. So I have a very good idea of what Justin does.

I'm actually currently in another full tune, for my port injection with my gtx3076r gen 2. Still the same level of service as my first OTS+ from them, 5 years later.

Justin is always on the higher end of outputs from tuners, and is still my favorite tuner. I have never had any reason to switch. If I did, I'd go with Nishan. He is great. I'm starting to work with Torrie at Unleashed for my uncles 3.5 ecoboost expedition, which besides SCT sucking, should be pretty sweet.
    Thanks for the feedback Deuce. It's always a nervous game to pick a tuner. I'm no stranger to tuning as I had 290hp/381tq at the crank on my old WRX with stock turbo. Too much torque and it snapped the transmission in two during a third gear pull.

I'm all about reliability though, and I hear Justin is good with that.
    2018 Hot Pepper ST1
    Freektuned
    Roush Catback
    Diode Dynamics SL1

IcyFridge said:
    I'm currently at nearly 12k miles. Was wondering if I should change my plugs this summer? Justin said that stock plugs are fine with this tune, so I'm tossing up the idea between having a dealer do it or do it myself.
    2018 Hot Pepper ST1
    Freektuned
    Roush Catback
    Diode Dynamics SL1

Duece McCracken said:
    I'm currently at nearly 12k miles. Was wondering if I should change my plugs this summer? Justin said that stock plugs are fine with this tune, so I'm tossing up the idea between having a dealer do it or do it myself.
    Well, if you have the hand tools, its a very easy job. Also, you will need to gap your plugs at .026 for Justin, which is routine maintenance about every 15k miles for our cars. We eat spark plugs.