225/35 18
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 225/35 18

is in Bergen County, New Jersey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225/35 18

So im in the process of getting my hands on a set of Volvo Pegasus 18in with federal tires size 225/35 a8. what are your guys thoughts? they may be replicas, but im most likely buying at a steal of $400

is at work

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't keep the tires at all, but the wheels look awesome by your prev. pics. Even if you had to get them refinished by a pro at ~$100 each you're still ahead. But tires, yeah I'd not be caught dead on Federals, nor would you want to have that size tire unless you're going "hella-flush" or something.

You can probably sell the tires on Craigslist or to a used tire place, and recoup more of your money. But I'd put 235/40-18's or 245/40-18's on it for sure.
    '14 ST1 PB
    18" Nurburgrings w/ 245/40 PSS, Eibach Pro-Kit, ZL1 guards F/R, Street Scenes lip, projector lights, gutted front end and opened up grille, PIAA 540 driving lights, Symposer delete
    Steeda IC, SCT X4 w/ Torrie's E30 and 91 tune, Car is for sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanson View Post
    I wouldn't keep the tires at all, but the wheels look awesome by your prev. pics. Even if you had to get them refinished by a pro at ~$100 each you're still ahead. But tires, yeah I'd not be caught dead on Federals, nor would you want to have that size tire unless you're going "hella-flush" or something.

You can probably sell the tires on Craigslist or to a used tire place, and recoup more of your money. But I'd put 235/40-18's or 245/40-18's on it for sure.
    yea bro sounds good, I have the stock f1s still because I put a beefier all season on for the upcoming months. but the wheels and tires are the deal at $400

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, I may still be interested in that one f1 we discussed earlier if you still have them. ill let you know

I spend too much of my life on FST! FostMadness's Avatar
    is cruising in style

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats wrong with federals. I think @Kneller is running them on his car for the track and he likes them. Not sure which ones he has though i can't remember.

I wouldn't run that size though. are they an 8 inch wheel?
    '15 MM st3

Green Filter
    Boomba Bov
    MBRP exhaust
    CFM RMM
    Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 18x9 et 38
    Anarchy Motive shift knob
    fswerks SSP
    velossatech DP
    DIY Intercooler
    Bilstein B14 coilovers
    Cobb ap
    Stratified Tuned

#LylaStrong

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I (was) running Federal 595-RSR @FostMadness and they're brilliant.

Back to stock now unfortunately as the car is going early November as I've just ordered a new car

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    2015 Stealth Grey ST-3:
    Cobb APv3 with Stratified custom tune / Milltek 3" high flow cat / Milltek 3" cat back / Revo intake modified for '15 / Airtec FMIC / Denso ITV22 plugs / Custom OCC / Steeda symposer delete / Cobb short shifter / Cobb shifter knob / Uprated diverter valve / TD Pro Race 1.2s wheels / Federal 595 RS-R semi slick tyres

is at work

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe some are better than others. When I was in the tire business they weren't good.

Maybe saying "wouldn't be caught dead" is harsh, I'll just say I wouldn't choose them.

Edit:

OK did more research, and apparently I've confused this brand with another. Disregard my comment. These are not the junk tires I knew of in the past, these look just fine.
    Last edited by Lanson; 09-25-2015 at 11:27 PM.
    '14 ST1 PB
    18" Nurburgrings w/ 245/40 PSS, Eibach Pro-Kit, ZL1 guards F/R, Street Scenes lip, projector lights, gutted front end and opened up grille, PIAA 540 driving lights, Symposer delete
    Steeda IC, SCT X4 w/ Torrie's E30 and 91 tune, Car is for sale

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tires are smaller than stock, and therefore the load capacity is too low for the Focus ST. I recommend that switch to a proper tire size.
    2014 Focus ST2 with FRPP tune & snorkel, F+R Hawk HP+ brake pads, Mikelly brake ducts by BacDoc, ST3 HID headlights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredkra View Post
    The tires are smaller than stock, and therefore the load capacity is too low for the Focus ST. I recommend that switch to a proper tire size.
    Thanks for all the help guys I may just sell the tires off the set being that he is selling them together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneller View Post
    Yeah I (was) running Federal 595-RSR @FostMadness and they're brilliant.

Back to stock now unfortunately as the car is going early November as I've just ordered a new car

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    what size tires were you running

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links