Anyone running silvers coilovers with the stock Goodyear tires?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jdw3md
  • 1 Post By jdw3md

Thread: Anyone running silvers coilovers with the stock Goodyear tires?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone running silvers coilovers with the stock Goodyear tires?

Any of you guys have the tires rubbing on the locking collar? Iím on the stock premium wheels also and Iíve read around the forums that only a 25mm spacer would work. Personal preference, I just didnít like the poke I saw from the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spend too much of my life on FST! jdw3md's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that issue with my snowflakes running 245/40 RE71r's and the spring perch on my YCW References. I'm going to just add a 5mm spacer since it was just barely rubbing (and the snowflakes have my autocross tires, so they aren't on all of the time).

The issue with running the 15mm or 20mm spacers on the premium wheels is the pockets on the back of the wheel isn't deep enough to allow the actual stud to go in far enough (see the thread below). You should be able to run a 5mm spacer on the premiums, if that would be enough to solve your problem.

https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...um-wheels.html
    jessie.bayudan likes this.
    2013 ST2 Tuxedo Black

Build Thread - Lilith

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw3md View Post
    I have that issue with my snowflakes running 245/40 RE71r's and the spring perch on my YCW References. I'm going to just add a 5mm spacer since it was just barely rubbing (and the snowflakes have my autocross tires, so they aren't on all of the time).

The issue with running the 15mm or 20mm spacers on the premium wheels is the pockets on the back of the wheel isn't deep enough to allow the actual stud to go in far enough (see the thread below). You should be able to run a 5mm spacer on the premiums, if that would be enough to solve your problem.

https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...um-wheels.html
    I think a 5mm would be fine. Just so that way I can clear it for now. How would a 5mm fit though? I thought anything under 25mm is useless for the premiums?

Iím also guessing if it go up to a 245/40 and a 18x8.5 wheel itíll just rub harder?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessie.bayudan View Post
    I think a 5mm would be fine. Just so that way I can clear it for now. How would a 5mm fit though? I thought anything under 25mm is useless for the premiums?

I’m also guessing if it go up to a 245/40 and a 18x8.5 wheel it’ll just rub harder?

The issue with spacers on the premiums is when they bolt on. The portion of the original stud that extends through the spacer has trouble fitting in the pocket on the back side of the premium wheels, as shown in the thread I linked. If you just run a 5mm spacer that doesn't bolt on, you shouldn't have any issue as you are still using the original studs. Also, whether the tire/wheel rubs depends on the offset of the wheel. My 18"x8.5" ET47 wheels with 245/40R18 tires don't rub on my spring perch, just the higher offset and narrower snowflakes.
    jessie.bayudan likes this.
    2013 ST2 Tuxedo Black

Build Thread - Lilith

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue with spacers on the premiums is when they bolt on. The portion of the original stud that extends through the spacer has trouble fitting in the pocket on the back side of the premium wheels, as shown in the thread I linked. If you just run a 5mm spacer that doesn't bolt on, you shouldn't have any issue as you are still using the original studs. Also, whether the tire/wheel rubs depends on the offset of the wheel. My 18"x8.5" ET47 wheels with 245/40R18 tires don't rub on my spring perch, just the higher offset and narrower snowflakes.
    Oh the wheels Iím probably planning to get are the Option Lab wheels. Same sizing as what youíre running but with a +40 Offset I believe.

I really appreciate your insight. It gives me hope that Iíll actually be able to have the suspension clear

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh last question sorry. For your aftermarket wheels youíre not running any spacers?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh last question sorry. For your aftermarket wheels you’re not running any spacers?

That is correct, I am not running any spacers on my Emotions. And you should be just fine with the +40mm offset as that will push them further out than my +47mm offset.
    2013 ST2 Tuxedo Black

Build Thread - Lilith

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is correct, I am not running any spacers on my Emotions. And you should be just fine with the +40mm offset as that will push them further out than my +47mm offset.
    Alright sounds awesome. The H&R 5mm spacer should be good enough for now. They do come with the extended studs though. You think itíll be fine just running it with the stock studs?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright sounds awesome. The H&R 5mm spacer should be good enough for now. They do come with the extended studs though. You think itíll be fine just running it with the stock studs?

Yeah, 5mm spacers are fine with the stock studs from what I have read.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jdw3md; 07-05-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    2013 ST2 Tuxedo Black

Build Thread - Lilith

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, 5mm spacers are fine with the stock studs from what so have read.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Awesome awesome. Thank you so much. I appreciate all the help you gave me.

Sponsored Links