New Wheels Konig Runlite
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mechcad2001
  • 1 Post By Mechcad2001
  • 1 Post By Mechcad2001

Thread: New Wheels Konig Runlite

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Wheels Konig Runlite

New wheels were installed at my favorite tire store. But the tire pressure sensors are setting off warnings. I drove about 20 miles and then all the sudden warnings and such. Anyone know how to fix the tire pressure sensor issues?

Name:  0606191839a.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  1.93 MB
    CDB likes this.

is waiting for his FMIC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to reset them in the menue. There should be a settings tab where you can reset the sensors

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wheels look sharp, Mechcad2001!

When you start the vehicle, does the TPMS light on the dash flash for ~1 minute and then go solid or does it immediately go solid?
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to drive back out to discount tire...Apparently they did not set the new sensors up like is required.

It started up with no error this morning...I was on my way to the Discount to get these fixed. I drove around 12 or so miles and the light did not come on...I figured it had started working. So I turned around and headed on my way to Clarksville. About half way to there, the error box flashed on my dash with some beeping and the tire pressure light started blinking again. We drove to the Discount store in that town to see if it could be fixed. Fortunately the technician at this location was able to address this issue. It looked like a real pain to get the car into the mode that was needed in order to link up the new sensors. Pushing the brake pedal then the start button then the brake...wait for horn honk...take the special scan tool around to each wheel and wait for horn honk. This was not done when they installed the tires and new sensors.

Anyways I was glad they took care of it. I wish it could have been completed correctly when the wheels and tires were installed. There is no menu to reset these on my version of the car...I saw that online Friday. And pushing the emergency light button 6 times did nothing also.
    gemery likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New rims with Summer tires Name:  0609191157.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  2.75 MBName:  1020181655a.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  2.40 MB Stock rims and Tires.
    gemery likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechcad2001 View Post
    I had to drive back out to discount tire...Apparently they did not set the new sensors up like is required.

It started up with no error this morning...I was on my way to the Discount to get these fixed. I drove around 12 or so miles and the light did not come on...I figured it had started working. So I turned around and headed on my way to Clarksville. About half way to there, the error box flashed on my dash with some beeping and the tire pressure light started blinking again. We drove to the Discount store in that town to see if it could be fixed. Fortunately the technician at this location was able to address this issue. It looked like a real pain to get the car into the mode that was needed in order to link up the new sensors. Pushing the brake pedal then the start button then the brake...wait for horn honk...take the special scan tool around to each wheel and wait for horn honk. This was not done when they installed the tires and new sensors.

Anyways I was glad they took care of it. I wish it could have been completed correctly when the wheels and tires were installed. There is no menu to reset these on my version of the car...I saw that online Friday. And pushing the emergency light button 6 times did nothing also.
    I apologize you had to make the additional trip to one of the Discount Tire stores to reset your TPMS sensors. Glad to hear they made sure the sensors were scanned and working correctly.
    Last edited by Discount Tire; 06-12-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Useful Links:

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to apologize...It all turned out good. Wheels look great. People were polite and professional. Discount is my favorite tire store by far...I can always depend on them to make things right. To me this is very important. Mistakes happen from time to time...it is what you do about the mistake that separates the excellent from the average.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's so great to hear, Mechcad2001 and thanks again for your understanding! We are human and like you said, mistakes will happen - we appreciate for giving us the opportunity to make it right.

Enjoy the new set-up!

Useful Links:

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechcad2001 View Post
    Wheels look great.
    I'll second that. I like their simplicity and clean lines.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks...it has been a week or so and I still really like the look of these wheels.

Sponsored Links