Quiet Tires - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quiet Tires

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you need all season tire? To handle rain?

Krzyś

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5dmc1 View Post
    I have continental extreme contact dws on my car. They are noisy for the first 500 miles, but after they break in they are silent. Love these tires, way more comfortable than the stock eagles, just as grippy in dry, 10 times grippier in wet, haven't been able to test in snow (Cali) but they are awesome tires, they hug the road and deliver decent comfort and a quiet ride. Highly recommend them.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    I wore out several sets of DWS on my ZX3 2.3, but they discontinued them a couple years ago. I was very disappointed, as those were the best tire I'd found for the Focus.

I'm now on my second set of Hankook Ventus V2 Concept 2's and they're smooth and reasonably quiet, but not as grippy as the DWS's were. They may actually last a bit longer though.

Before the Conti's I went through several sets of Kumho Ecsta AST's. They gripped well, but wore out fast and would not stay balanced. I used to have to rebalance the Kumho's every 5-10K miles. Only got around 20K from them as well.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bridgestone potenzas on 17" rims. Noise was loud at first but now bearly noticable. The bridgestones are my summer setup.

I run pirelli p-zeros all seasons on the stock rims for wintertime. They seem louder than the bridgestones but honestly i haven't noticed any excessive noise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is Boutta get my camping game on!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krzyss View Post
    Why do you need all season tire? To handle rain?

Krzyś
    If someone deals with all weather types such as rain, snow, etc...it's easier to just have an AST, given the overall changes that could occur frequently.

I have AST's on my ST, and I love them. Quite, reliable, durable, and year round use. While I miss the look of a nice summer tire, the added benefits of AST's make it a no brainer for me

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SToked13 View Post
    If someone deals with all weather types such as rain, snow, etc...it's easier to just have an AST, given the overall changes that could occur frequently.

I have AST's on my ST, and I love them. Quite, reliable, durable, and year round use. While I miss the look of a nice summer tire, the added benefits of AST's make it a no brainer for me
    ???

OP wrote:

"I daily my ST on the highway so an quiet all season tire since I do see both rain and sun here in central California would be best."

What snow?

Krzyś

I spend too much of my life on FST! G heinrich's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run studded nokian hakkapeliitta 8's on my winter set up. If you turn the radio up all the way. You can almost hear it.LOL

I spend too much of my life on FST! G heinrich's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SToked13 View Post

???

OP wrote:

"I daily my ST on the highway so an quiet all season tire since I do see both rain and sun here in central California would be best."

What snow?

Krzyś

Sounds like op needs some pilot sport 4S. I wish I could afford them. Think I'm going to go with the general gmax RS or the Firehawk Indy 500. only thing that gets me about the fire Hawks is that they're not symmetrical so it it's like there should be a left and right tire.

is Boutta get my camping game on!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ???

OP wrote:

What snow?

Krzyś
    Touche'

I forgot about the 1st post this far down the road haha

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point is that there are summer tires that can handle rain better than all season. Pilot 4 or 4S seem to be in this class. Along with general gmax RS or the Firehawk Indy 500.
    OP wrote nothing about snow, ice or cold weather.

But beware, there are summer tires that are for dry weather only. Tire rack calls them Extereme Performance. They are usually for track or auto-x.

Krzyś
    Last edited by krzyss; 05-16-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    gemery likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links