Focus ST vs Edge ST
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Focus ST vs Edge ST

I spend too much of my life on FST! xTheMan42's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focus ST vs Edge ST

I've got to say, i've been simmering over this one for some time. Ford is taking the great product that FoST/FiST were, and throwing it away. Below are two videos:

Replace analog Tac with a garbage digital one? Check.

Digital Boost guage? Check.

Fake engine noise? Check.

Interior Sound deadening? Check.

No manual? (we all knew this) Check.

On the basis of which car is faster from the official Ford video, I really want to know how bad they hamstrung the FoST/FiST - Sorry, I get the Edge has 335HP/380TQ, but that thing has to be much heavier too. Top speed is only 130MPH, which I assume is digitally limited.

I'm willing to be a tuned ST could take down the Edge ST without an issue.

Other notes - I see they've gone back to the old '14 ST steering wheel design, and didn't keep the newer flat-bottom layout. There are some interior improvements, but give me a break, it's just an Edge Sport with an ST badge - considering the Edge Sport doesn't exist any further.

I spend too much of my life on FST! AKaye's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I understand a lot of people hate this move by Ford for getting rid of the majority of their cars and in-turn the sport variants. However, its not like Ford had to choose between keeping the Focus ST or making a new Edge ST. Those two decisions from Ford are independent of each other. The edge ST is not a replacement for the Focus/Fiesta ST. The Edge ST existed for many years wearing the Sport badge.

I also can understand how people are chuffed they are continuing the ST badge on a new vehicle but bastardization of vehicle names has existed for many years (ahem Mitsubishi). Its easy to capitalize on recognizable car names/variants. To me, the ST badge is an indicator of performance which this edge is more than fitting to wear.

One last thing, consumers killed the small car, not Ford.
    JCH841 likes this.

Premium Member
    is twistin like a flame in a slow
    dance baby

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid STAYBARS!!!
    AKaye likes this.

Mountune RMM, intake
    TB Performance traction bars, strut tower brace, rear end links
    ST Suspensions rear sway bar
    Konig Hypergrams
    Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
    Steeda jacking rails, mag drain plug
    AEM dryflow
    CFM breather
    Boomba OCC, symposer delete, hood release
    Shift Solutions 400g CS
    JBR pedal spacer
    Velossa Tech diffuser fins
    Diode Dynamics SLF fogs, side mirror, trunk, vanity LEDs
    Headlight Armor fog vinyls
    Spec'D chrome smoked taillights
    Rokblokz shorties
    Mugen window visors
    Boosted Designs dead pedal
    Whiteline lateral locks (driver seat)
    Blacksys CH-100B dual cam

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sport Technology. That's what ST stands for. Nothing else. So yes it make sense Ford would drop the Sport name for ST. It's the same thing. They atleast gave it a power bump over the previous models.

Sent from another garage.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaye View Post
    Yes I understand a lot of people hate this move by Ford for getting rid of the majority of their cars and in-turn the sport variants. However, its not like Ford had to choose between keeping the Focus ST or making a new Edge ST. Those two decisions from Ford are independent of each other. The edge ST is not a replacement for the Focus/Fiesta ST. The Edge ST existed for many years wearing the Sport badge.

I also can understand how people are chuffed they are continuing the ST badge on a new vehicle but bastardization of vehicle names has existed for many years (ahem Mitsubishi). Its easy to capitalize on recognizable car names/variants. To me, the ST badge is an indicator of performance which this edge is more than fitting to wear.

One last thing, consumers killed the small car, not Ford.
    I can see your points, but I don't necessarily think it was the consumer that killed off the sedans/hatches - I think alot of it was manufacturers forcing consumers into the segment with less choices.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the Edge ST will be a pretty nice sporty SUV. I personally think there are way too many SUV's and trucks on the road already. I always prefer hatchbacks and sedans when looking for new cars.
    Steeda Stage 2 tune - 93 Octane, Steeda CAI with 3" inlet tube, CFM adjustable RMM, Steeda PSM, Steeda SSB, Steeda RSB, Steeda Symposer Delete, Panda Motor Works FMIC, Buschur hot side & CPE cold side IC pipes, Ford Racing Exhaust, Denso ITV22 Plugs, Turbosmart bpv, Enkei RSF5 18x8 Matte Black

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone find the curb weight? I can't seem to find it for the Edge ST. I really want to have a FoST vs Edge ST legitimate showdown.

I spend too much of my life on FST! AkiraSieghart's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xTheMan42 View Post
    I've got to say, i've been simmering over this one for some time. Ford is taking the great product that FoST/FiST were, and throwing it away. Below are two videos:

Replace analog Tac with a garbage digital one? Check.

Digital Boost guage? Check.

Fake engine noise? Check.

Interior Sound deadening? Check.

No manual? (we all knew this) Check.

On the basis of which car is faster from the official Ford video, I really want to know how bad they hamstrung the FoST/FiST - Sorry, I get the Edge has 335HP/380TQ, but that thing has to be much heavier too. Top speed is only 130MPH, which I assume is digitally limited.

I'm willing to be a tuned ST could take down the Edge ST without an issue.

Other notes - I see they've gone back to the old '14 ST steering wheel design, and didn't keep the newer flat-bottom layout. There are some interior improvements, but give me a break, it's just an Edge Sport with an ST badge - considering the Edge Sport doesn't exist any further.
    I mean...I don't think the tac is a huge deal, the FoST's boost gauge is analog but still electronic, the FoST comes with fake engine noise from the factory, and the FoST also has interior sound deadening.

Yes, the Edge ST does not come in a manual and I know that upsets a lot of people. The way I look at it: the Focus and Fiesta are dead in the US regardless of the Edge ST. I'd personally prefer that the ST lives on in something in the US rather than be forgotten. Besides, the 2.7l TT is a sick engine. I can't wait until Livernois gets their hands on it like they did with the Fusion Sport. 324/374 to the wheels with just a tune (over 257/326 stock for the Fusion Sport).

Hell, depending on the prices of the Fusion Sport in 2019, I may get one. They're nice cars and I honestly wouldn't have minded if they named it the Fusion ST.
    AKaye and DigitalBaka like this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraSieghart View Post
    I mean...I don't think the tac is a huge deal, the FoST's boost gauge is analog but still electronic, the FoST comes with fake engine noise from the factory, and the FoST also has interior sound deadening.

Yes, the Edge ST does not come in a manual and I know that upsets a lot of people. The way I look at it: the Focus and Fiesta are dead in the US regardless of the Edge ST. I'd personally prefer that the ST lives on in something in the US rather than be forgotten. Besides, the 2.7l TT is a sick engine. I can't wait until Livernois gets their hands on it like they did with the Fusion Sport. 324/374 to the wheels with just a tune (over 257/326 stock for the Fusion Sport).

Hell, depending on the prices of the Fusion Sport in 2019, I may get one. They're nice cars and I honestly wouldn't have minded if they named it the Fusion ST.
    What’s your thought on them slapping ST on everything here on out though? Don’t forget, the Explorer ST is coming too. I understand that ‘ST’ means “Sport Technology” - however, that’s not the equivalent of cars that have the “Sport” monicker slapped into them (e.g. Subaru Impreza Sport is not a WRX, Civic Sport Touring is not an SI).

Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xTheMan42 View Post
    What’s your thought on them slapping ST on everything here on out though? Don’t forget, the Explorer ST is coming too. I understand that ‘ST’ means “Sport Technology” - however, that’s not the equivalent of cars that have the “Sport” monicker slapped into them (e.g. Subaru Impreza Sport is not a WRX, Civic Sport Touring is not an SI).
    Don't forget there is a Focus ST-Line model also. Doesn't have the power but does have some of the full ST handling features among other things.

Sent from another garage.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links