Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Stroked 2.0EB to 2.3L by Speed Perf6rmanc3 - JDL Auto GTX3076R - 550hp+ Daily Goal

234K views 883 replies 129 participants last post by  Johnbian 
#1 · (Edited)
***Update 19JUN15***
Motor is in the possession of Pablo and the team at Speed Perf6rmanc3. The details of the motor are here.

***Big Ass Update 1/4/2015***
Turbo is on and the first start video post can be found here

***Update 1/1/2015***
Kit is on!!! Well sorta, we ran into a problem with DP being too long. This isn't the fault of JDL, rather its the correction of a bad TR3 DP and having to make the exhaust longer to reach the TR3 DP. Link to the photos here

***Update 12/17/2014***
Turbo kit arrived and it is everything I thought it was going to be! Link to the pictures in this thread is here

***Update 11/1/2014***
Bought the DP6 caliper kit from TCE here on the forum and got some EBC Slotted rotors for the front. I am currently looking for a solution for the rear without replacing the calipers

link to the update EBC USR1434 rotors and TCE DP6 Caliper kit for the front purchased

***Update 10/29/14***

Ronnie set me up with some eye candy!

The kit is coming together!!! Pics this way

***Update 10/21/2014***

JDL Auto Desgin sent me an invoice or the kit!!!!! I will have images over the next few weeks while they work on the kit for me. Also I will be trading in the Subaru turbo kit for a GTX3076R with Tial .63AR turbine housing.

Link to invoice in this thread

***Update 9/12/2014***
Sold the STI, Sold the parts we got for it, kept the GTX3076R :D.
I'm tapping Boomba for a list of goodies to change the turbine housing, adapt from 5 bolt discharge to 3"V-band, and oil/coolant fittings.

Link to the GTX pic
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...owered-st-ditched-vf48-idea-6.html#post625627

Reaching out to JDL Autodesign for some fab help.

You guys might get to see their handy-work go on my car for this.

See less See more
#6 ·
One of the things I miss most about my old WRX was the inter model parts interchangeability... Made modding on the cheap a lot easier. I really like the idea of this, and I am very interested to see how it turns out.

#7 ·
Yep the ej25 has a vf48 turbo now and it is a solid turbo! You can run up to 22-23psi without the turbo failing prematurely but most run a peak of 21-22psi on pump and then taper down on the subys.

I have a vf39 in mine since i have a older model and the 48 is your best bet plus its free lol. And on subys on pump gas people are seing from 320-340whp on 93oct so should be safe to say that the ST should be able to make similar numbers to it.

#19 ·
Awesome, Can't wait to see how this one plays out..

siht daer nac uoy fi revo em lloR

#21 ·
I had a 2003 WRX with a VF48, EWG, E85, the works and it pulled SUPER hard. Dyno said 320 @ the wheels but the thing pulled like it had more. Took down some formidable cars with that setup. If you can make this work I think you will have a winner! Looking forward to watching this project unfold

#26 ·
Very interested to see how this turns out. I have a VF43 sitting in my garage that is collecting dust.

#37 ·
Okay here are the bits that will make this all come together. the rest is just a matter of measuring hoses and getting the proper fittings.

BTW Cobb just released the AP for the 2015 STI. what does that mean? It means a 400whp 2015 STI will be sitting in our garage :wink: :crazy:

#38 ·
Okay here are the bits that will make this all come together. the rest is just a matter of measuring hoses and getting the proper fittings.

BTW Cobb just released the AP for the 2015 STI. what does that mean? It means a 400whp 2015 STI will be sitting in our garage :wink: :crazy:
What am I looking at? A separate dump tube for the internal wastegate or a IWG delete and going EWG?

#45 ·
still moving along. just putting together other parts to get it on.

in a related twist of events. we sold the STI for a Charger RT(wife wanted an auto) and now I have a GTX3076R. Where oh where, will that turbo end up?

#46 ·
So you finally have the faster car.. Nice

#61 ·
I'll be going with this turbo when the atmosphere kit finally drops. I'll be interested in seeing how this turns out. It'll be cool to see what kind of power you'll be able to squeeze out of it with stock fueling.

#63 ·
I talked with ATP several times about that. The two GTX30xx turbos they have listed on their site for 9999.99 are not going to happen. I wasn't given a definite answer but that's what they tell me. Oh and they were planning a 3071 and 3067.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#67 ·
Didn't they have a prototype 3071? I thought they had some dyno runs with like 420whp or something.

#68 ·
I don't know if that would be a great choice for the ST? just with the GTX2867R the ST is a beast, even at that, the spool up doesn't happen till after 3500 and the heat and flow of the head might not work all that great with out further engine work. From a tuning prospective I don't think you will get that much more power out of it compared to the GTX2867R. And think about drive ability the spool up will be even higher, I don't see that turbo being a good match other than maybe a full track car. Let us know if you do fab it up for the ST ?

#69 · (Edited)
based on the below map I ran some quick numbers @22psi and came up with a PR of 2.49(2.5 for ease of measurement) and a corrected air flow for sub 120*F temps to be at ~36lbs/min. This places me at about 72% efficiency and leaves much room for future power. Unless im completely off of course. I will be going with a T25 .63AR IWG turbine housing.

#70 ·
Looks like that turbo will be happy to make 40 lbs a min all day which is maxing the 2867. So this will be interesting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.