350 WHP - Borg Warner Mountune EFR6758 Kit
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All

I have had my car tuned to 310 WHP with the above turbo charger.
    I have all of the supporting mods of CPE large Intercooler, FRR CAI, one step colder spark plugs and 2.5inch FRR turbo back exhaust.

Wondering how to achieve 350 WHP without going to E85 or Meth?

This I have seen from the stratified turbo WHP and supporting mods diagram.

When I tuned the car, I told the tuner I wanted the car on a safe tune, so he setup the tune so the car will be in overboost or 23psi all the time when the turbo kicks in at 3500rpm. The tuner software he uses is ecutek no cobb accessport.

This tuner is pretty experienced and has been highly recommended by many people. I am wondering how to achieve 350WHP as said above, without resorting to the E85 and the like mentioned above?

Should I have told the tuner something different to focus on, maybe increase the boost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kewong007; 06-09-2019 at 01:41 PM.

I spend too much of my life on FST! aaronc7's Avatar
    is needing the v8 powa

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of dyno did you do the tuning on? They can read all over the place. 350 is possible on pump gas but that is best case scenario, with all supporting mods etc. I think a lot of the 2867 cars at that level run about 25psi to red line.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    What kind of dyno did you do the tuning on? They can read all over the place. 350 is possible on pump gas but that is best case scenario, with all supporting mods etc. I think a lot of the 2867 cars at that level run about 25psi to red line.
    Yeah the car was tuned on a dynapack hub dynamometer.
    It was tuned on 98 Aussie Oct fuel equivalent to 93 US Oct fuel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewong007 View Post
    When I tuned the car, I told the tuner I wanted the car on a safe tune, so he setup the tune so the car will be in overboost or 23psi all the time when the turbo kicks in at 3500rpm. The tuner software he uses is ecutek no cobb accessport.
    The term overboost is usually not a good thing (Ford marketing brought that back)

My car on the same turbo makes around 330/340 whp/tq. It'll hit above 24lbs (but less than 25) up to 5k rpm before going back down above that. Without more fuel or meth, you are at the mercy of your fuel; your car will want more of it to make more power. Not being familiar with the tuning software your tuner is using, i would suggest staying at the power level they are comfortable with based on what they see in the logs. If you want more power and to safely do it, i would suggest adding meth or aux fuel. I am in the process of getting my tune updated for port injection and i cant wait. You should be able to reliably get more than 310 but how much is up to the mercy of you fuel and tuner
    Mod list here

Sponsored Links