Knocking noise
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Thread: Knocking noise

I spend too much of my life on FST! hanyolo44's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knocking noise

So recently I started taking parts off the car and at the same time also replaced the front pads and rotors. Since this work's been done I've noticed a really loud knocking sound coming from the drivers front.

It's almost as a rotating knocking sound, and I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this after a. changing brakes or b. installed or removed a front traction bar

Last time I got underneath I verified everything seems tight along the wheel (tie rods, wheel bearing, etc), and it only does it when I'm coasting (clutch in or out) or decelerating, the sound goes away during braking and accelerating.

To throw another wrench into the mix, it seems to ONLY do it when or after it's rained. Once the road or car has dried up, I no longer hear the knocking sound.

It just sounds terrible and curious if anyone else ran into the same issue.

I spend too much of my life on FST! G heinrich's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanyolo44 View Post
    So recently I started taking parts off the car and at the same time also replaced the front pads and rotors. Since this work's been done I've noticed a really loud knocking sound coming from the drivers front.

It's almost as a rotating knocking sound, and I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this after a. changing brakes or b. installed or removed a front traction bar

Last time I got underneath I verified everything seems tight along the wheel (tie rods, wheel bearing, etc), and it only does it when I'm coasting (clutch in or out) or decelerating, the sound goes away during braking and accelerating.

To throw another wrench into the mix, it seems to ONLY do it when or after it's rained. Once the road or car has dried up, I no longer hear the knocking sound.

It just sounds terrible and curious if anyone else ran into the same issue.

Sounds like possibly a CV shaft to me.

Sponsored Links