"Massive" (brand name) rear strut tower brace, thoughts? experiences?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "Massive" (brand name) rear strut tower brace, thoughts? experiences?

is looking to buy parts!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Massive" (brand name) rear strut tower brace, thoughts? experiences?

found this when perusing ebay for various parts and for sh*ts and giggles to see what was out there for chassis bracing for these cars, does anyone have any experience with these? or does anyone know of companies that do chassis bracing for these cars? i am looking for all sorts of options for my car at the moment as suspension is all stock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Massive-Sho...IAAOSw5~tanYTu

this seems beefier and more sturdy than the one Steeda offers as well (link below)

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-focus-...hback-555-5753

thanks for input in advance!
    2014 Focus ST ST1 - DD
    Performance - Mountune Symposer delete
    Aesthetics - SpoilerKing spoiler extension
    1998 Nissan Sentra - SR20 swapped+much much more - broken

Super Moderator Duece McCracken's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is painfully slow living that N/A
    life.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin2014ST View Post
    found this when perusing ebay for various parts and for sh*ts and giggles to see what was out there for chassis bracing for these cars, does anyone have any experience with these? or does anyone know of companies that do chassis bracing for these cars? i am looking for all sorts of options for my car at the moment as suspension is all stock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Massive-Sho...IAAOSw5~tanYTu

this seems beefier and more sturdy than the one Steeda offers as well (link below)

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-focus-...hback-555-5753

thanks for input in advance!
    Lmao, Ebay? Geez

Well you could google search. This topic has been covered a TON.

Or just browse the vendor section here, which includes Massive, TB performance, Steeda, JBR, Mountune

Pierce motorsports is a popular choice as well.
    brian60 likes this.
    Owner and lead tech of Duece's Wrenchworx. The one stop shade tree ST shop.

Build thread - https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-duecette.html

is boy calls it "daddies
    vroom vroom"

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed a week or two ago

Have had little to drive on it but I feel that it does all the things it says it does, I have an autocross event this weekend and I will have a better feel for it after that.

I went with it over all else mainly because of its ease of removal, you can just unbolt the 4 nuts, pull out the bar and drop the nuts back on then you are back on the road. I couldn't find another bar that mounted this way, and I didn't want to be stuck with a bar taking up trunk space for road trips. The headache the other bars would take to remove was NOT worth the little benefits you might notice by having the bar.

The install was SIMPLE, they have a video! the quality is AMAZING!

Name:  IMG_20190311_191059.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  2.79 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is boy calls it "daddies
    vroom vroom"

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin2014ST View Post
    does anyone know of companies that do chassis bracing for these cars?
    If you are still on the hunt.... just go here : TB Performance Products

I have most everything he offers and soon will ... lol (not the booty camp but for the reasons above, sorry oh well)

@TB Performance Products

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the STEEDA rear shock tower last week. Really firmed up the ride and keeps the ST on a nice level plane going through the twist and turns. Bang for the Buck, it is a bargain. I did give some serious thought to the Massive bar, but went with the STEEDA because of the customer service and other level of quality of parts that I purchased from STEEDA.

STEEDA did have a pretty good sale going on earlier this week. I would also recommend you give some serious thought to picking up the Rear Motor Mount from STEEDA.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Thieske's Avatar
    is searching for the official
    Stealth Grey thread on this
    forum

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to order steeda rear strut tower brace in a week or two. Like the one Massive offers but local customs go crazy with extra import costs, so it is to expensive after customs has its way with it . Steeda can ship from there Uk warehouse which is still in the Eu for now . Have seen other chassis braces from https://www.summit-racing.eu
    Last edited by Thieske; 03-27-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    2015 Ford Focus ST, Stealth Grey
    Dark Ice Designs Hood struts - ZL1 addons Rock Guards - Autobeam LED reverse and indicator lights - Paintmodz Proform Header tank cover - Steeda Throttle Body Spacer - Steeda Clutch Spring - Revo air intake - Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Plumb Back BOV - Steeda rear strut tower brace - SS Tuning custom shift knob

is looking to buy parts!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    Lmao, Ebay? Geez

Well you could google search. This topic has been covered a TON.

Or just browse the vendor section here, which includes Massive, TB performance, Steeda, JBR, Mountune

Pierce motorsports is a popular choice as well.
    haha wow..totally overlooked that..totally noob'd that one lol
    Duece McCracken likes this.
    2014 Focus ST ST1 - DD
    Performance - Mountune Symposer delete
    Aesthetics - SpoilerKing spoiler extension
    1998 Nissan Sentra - SR20 swapped+much much more - broken

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Steeda rear strut tower brace. Does it work? yes, can it be better? a big yes. If I buy again, I would choose the Massive brand bar. It is triangulated and has better standoffs. The Steeda vibrates like a guitar base string when you pound on it just so slightly.

I spend too much of my life on FST! mitch808's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLST View Post
    I have a Steeda rear strut tower brace. Does it work? yes, can it be better? a big yes. If I buy again, I would choose the Massive brand bar. It is triangulated and has better standoffs. The Steeda vibrates like a guitar base string when you pound on it just so slightly.
    Does that really matter though, when you're trying to resist from a horizontal/transverse plane? So what if it flexes when you pound on it, as long as it resists the force you're trying to interact.

*asking for a friend.

Not really trying to start an internet fight. Really! I think at the end of the day, all the braces do all they are supposed to. None is really better than the other, short of perhaps quick removal designs as mentioned earlier by @nickbaldwin86 . Some parttime parts maker even made a set for the Subaru Forester using bike wheel quick-release pins. So you could leave the endplates, but remove the bar as needed. Nifty.

By propping up one area with said bar, something else will give. Which leads to a never ending chase to brace something, which would eventually lead to stitch welds and a full cage. And if we're really splitting hairs, there is some fancy chassis rigs that can flex a chassis with simulated lateral loads, braking, cornering, etc; to truly show what needs addressing, vs a company making either a "me-too," product. Or a company making products based on what markets will buy, not really what they need. (i/e cheap bling braces) My personal opinion, buy about the cheapest one out there with at least a reputable brand behind it. As they are all within 95% of each other in terms of resisting the lateral loads faced. ergo, your purchase was fine, and you're nitpicking a problem that is not a problem.
    Last edited by mitch808; 04-08-2019 at 12:28 PM.

is boy calls it "daddies
    vroom vroom"

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch808 View Post
    Does that really matter though, when you're trying to resist from a horizontal/transverse plane? So what if it flexes when you pound on it, as long as it resists the force you're trying to interact.

*asking for a friend.

Not really trying to start an internet fight. Really! I think at the end of the day, all the braces do all they are supposed to. None is really better than the other, short of perhaps quick removal designs as mentioned earlier by @nickbaldwin86 . Some parttime parts maker even made a set for the Subaru Forester using bike wheel quick-release pins. So you could leave the endplates, but remove the bar as needed. Nifty.

By propping up one area with said bar, something else will give. Which leads to a never ending chase to brace something, which would eventually lead to stitch welds and a full cage. And if we're really splitting hairs, there is some fancy chassis rigs that can flex a chassis with simulated lateral loads, braking, cornering, etc; to truly show what needs addressing, vs a company making either a "me-too," product. Or a company making products based on what markets will buy, not really what they need. (i/e cheap bling braces) My personal opinion, buy about the cheapest one out there with at least a reputable brand behind it. As they are all within 95% of each other in terms of resisting the lateral loads faced. ergo, your purchase was fine, and you're nitpicking a problem that is not a problem.
    agreed. I only went with it over the others because of ease of removal. it is told that you get a little more stiffness from it if you put in the lower bolts, but as soon as you do, well you loose that ability to quickly remove the bar so I decided against it. If this every become a weekend warrior and not a daily I will then likely put the lower bolts in and lock it down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links