"Massive" (brand name) rear strut tower brace, thoughts? experiences? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "Massive" (brand name) rear strut tower brace, thoughts? experiences?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My steeda rear shock tower brace doesn't flex or vibrate at all here... no vibration sounds, or deep pink noise or other wise when pounded on here. Now, if my sub isn't ratcheted down well - that will drone. But the steeda brace is super solid here. like move the whole car solid when you tug, push or pull on it... and comes out super quick with 13 ratchet. like maybe a minute... for trips to Ikea, HDepot, and the like...

I like the TB gear big time! so that looks killer. Might give the Massive rear camber arms a look soon. so its not like I only like Steeda lol.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Duchess's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one on my 90 Legacy wagon that was adjustable (and removable) as the bar was mounted with threaded rod ends to the brackets, meaning that it could also be preloaded. The ST is a much stiffer car, but the bar with a little preloading made a huge difference on the Legacy both in terms of reducing squeaks and balancing the rear a little. I even tied an engine to it. Very useful.

FST Member TangerineScreamRallye's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my experiences here, the Massive Bar is amazing, the difference you feel is astonishing. 10/10 would reccomend. They were on sale at Focus Fest last year which was even better. And super easy to install. About an hour

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

I spend too much of my life on FST! Thieske's Avatar
    is searching for the official
    Stealth Grey thread on this
    forum

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TangerineScreamRallye did you remove the carpet and all trim or just cut the carpet to insert the spacer? For my Steeda brace I just cut the carpet, way easier than removing all trim.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch808 View Post
    Does that really matter though, when you're trying to resist from a horizontal/transverse plane? So what if it flexes when you pound on it, as long as it resists the force you're trying to interact.

*asking for a friend.

Not really trying to start an internet fight. Really! I think at the end of the day, all the braces do all they are supposed to. None is really better than the other, short of perhaps quick removal designs as mentioned earlier by @nickbaldwin86 . Some parttime parts maker even made a set for the Subaru Forester using bike wheel quick-release pins. So you could leave the endplates, but remove the bar as needed. Nifty.

By propping up one area with said bar, something else will give. Which leads to a never ending chase to brace something, which would eventually lead to stitch welds and a full cage. And if we're really splitting hairs, there is some fancy chassis rigs that can flex a chassis with simulated lateral loads, braking, cornering, etc; to truly show what needs addressing, vs a company making either a "me-too," product. Or a company making products based on what markets will buy, not really what they need. (i/e cheap bling braces) My personal opinion, buy about the cheapest one out there with at least a reputable brand behind it. As they are all within 95% of each other in terms of resisting the lateral loads faced. ergo, your purchase was fine, and you're nitpicking a problem that is not a problem.
    That was my honest experience with the Steeda bar. I am not nitpicking and I won't go from $200 to full stich welds and full cage. This is a bolt on and compromise happens with bolt on, but a better design part is worth the additional expense, at least in this case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links