Lowering springs: FRPP vs. Mountune - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lowering springs: FRPP vs. Mountune

Premium Member
    is the Atomic Punk!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dust boots, lower isolators, strut mount/bearings, and new pinch bolts arrived today.
    2014 Performance Blue ST2 // Charcoal/Blue Recaros // Moonroof #2,304 of 14,036

COBB Intake System // Magnaflow 15155 Cat-Back Exhaust // Steeda Street/Comp FMIC // Bigger Mouth Snorkel // Breedt Quick Shift Arm & FRPP Short Shifter // AP3 with Stratified tune // TSW Bathhurst Wheels with 245/40ZR18 Pilot Super Sports // Damond Motorsports Catch Can // Triple R Splitter // Steeda Jacking Rails

The Winter Ride: 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon---251,000 miles and still going strong!

Premium Member
    is the Atomic Punk!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mountune box of lows arrived today. Pre-assembly this weekend if all goes well.

COBB Intake System // Magnaflow 15155 Cat-Back Exhaust // Steeda Street/Comp FMIC // Bigger Mouth Snorkel // Breedt Quick Shift Arm & FRPP Short Shifter // AP3 with Stratified tune // TSW Bathhurst Wheels with 245/40ZR18 Pilot Super Sports // Damond Motorsports Catch Can // Triple R Splitter // Steeda Jacking Rails

The Winter Ride: 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon---251,000 miles and still going strong!

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Mountune ClubSport MRX suspension a few days ago and finished installing it today. What a difference! The one thing I couldn't stand about the car is fixed. No more hopping up and down going down the freeway and having to stop talking because it's coming out "uh-yuh-yuh-yuh" with every jounce. The stance looks good - not ridiculously low, but purposeful.

I set all the dampers to full soft, and it still has a very damped and controlled ride. It feels sophisticated, and absolutely not harsh. It still needs more roll stiffness for my taste, and I have Whiteline anti-roll bars on hand - just ran out of time to put them in today.

So add me to the ClubSport fan club. I can't compare it to any other suspension, but I think most Focus ST lovers would be impressed by this one. It transforms the car.
    Bart likes this.
    - After a great deal of thought, I've concluded I'm overthinking it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    is the Atomic Punk!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the fronts all pre-assembled last weekend. New strut bearings, dust boots, and isolators. Assembled using one of these spring compressors:
    https://www.amazon.com/XtremepowerUS.../dp/B00DCZP22G
    I've never worked with struts before, but this could not have been easier with this spring compressor. Now the wait for warmer weather and the rear B8s.
    If I don't see them by mid-May, I'm probably going to have to install what I have with the stock rear shocks, and then install the rear B8s when they get here--against my better judgement, of course
    Last edited by EVH; 03-29-2019 at 07:08 AM.
    Bart likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been sitting on a box with the Ford Performance 2013 ST springs since I caught a close-out deal last year. I've been debating between the B6 and B8 shock and strut combo. It sounds like the consensus here is to get the B8's. What all did you purchase to complete the strut assemblies? I'm guessing all the OEM bits except the bump stops (the Bilstein's are internally bump-stopped aren't they?). Suspension is currently stock other than polyurethane rear bar bushings and Whiteline rear end links.
    2017 Kona Blue Focus ST1 mostly stock for now
    2000 Twilight Blue Focus ZX3 w/ PWSC, SVT brakes, Quaife ATB diff, Bilstein PSS9 coil-overs, approx. 225k miles and needing some rebuilding
    2000 Black Focus ZX3 with no options but AC

Premium Member
    is the Atomic Punk!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered all new top hats/bearings, rear upper shock mounts, and isolators to and bottom/front and rear. Depending on mileage, you could likely re-use the isolators, but I wanted to preassemble the fronts so the would bolt right in when I was ready for install. If you have to tear it all apart, you might as well replace the top hats. As far as the rear mounts and isolators, it was only like $20 for the parts, so I picked them up as well so everything would be fresh. Still waiting on the rear B8s; Mod Bargains is telling me late May/early June now, so I'll probably be rocking the OE rear shocks for a bit--Focus Rising is the first weekend in June.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After putting in the Mountune ClubSport MRX suspension, I installed Whiteline anti-roll bars, set to full stiff at both ends. Ran it at Putnam Park last weekend with the original Goodyears, and it felt awesome. I ran there 4 years ago in a Cayman S, and was within 2 seconds of that time with the ST. Not bad, especially since they've repaved the track, and the new surface is said to be 2 seconds slower! To be fair, my skills have improved since I drove the Cayman. But for a front-drive car weighing 250 pounds more, and having 40 fewer HP, not bad.
    - After a great deal of thought, I've concluded I'm overthinking it.

Premium Member
    is the Atomic Punk!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is getting installed next week (except the rear B8s). I decided it was worth it to spend the $200 and have a shop install them, rather than struggle in my driveway with two screwed-up shoulders.

Premium Member
    is the Atomic Punk!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspension is on, picking the ST up tomorrow after work. I'll post pics later in the week. $172 well-spent for the install.
    FSQM2 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links