Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What Is Good Price For A 2017 ST3 with 10k Miles

9K views 83 replies 17 participants last post by  PokerRun388 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've been hoping to track down a new ST3 but so far no luck finding one close by to Columbus, OH. I did find a low mileage used one a short drive away. Its a 2017 ST3 with 10k miles - https://www.raabeforddelphos.com/used/Ford/2017-Ford-Focus-86d1319b0a0e0ae72b213ab94abf10d1.htm?utm_source=autotrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=vdp

Dealer is asking $21,454. I haven't seen the car in person yet but may make the drive down there later this week. If all checks out what would you offer?

Thanks.

#9 ·
I got my used 17 ST3 with just under 10k miles for 20 last June (excluding taxes, fees, and warranties obviously). List price was 21.6 I believe. However that was before Ford announced they weren't making cars anymore. Now that nice used ST3s are gonna be harder to find, I'd see if you can get em into the 20,xxx range and call it a deal :)

#13 ·
Lol, the Focus ST even ST3 is not a high demand car. I paid $18,000 for a white ST3 with 20,000 miles, 4 months ago.

#15 ·
A couple of things that bug me are how dirty the car appears in the pics & the plasti dip wheels. Look, I realize that the weather isn’t the greatest out there, but the dealership could take a little pride & power-wash the car, wipe it down, clean the wheels & put some tire dressing on. A clean vehicle attracts buyers, so I guess they just don’t care. Also, about those wheels, they look very dull & plasti dip is a short term fix. Sooner or later you’ll have to take it off & paint or powder-coat those wheels black if you want them to look right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Yeah I thought that was a little odd as well. I still haven’t had a chance to go to the dealer yet so maybe they cleaned it up a little better. Thanks for bringing up the wheels as I thought they were powder coated. Good to know.

I also started searching Craigslist within 100 miles of my area and am seeing a few other 2017 ST3’s from private sellers in around the same price range with similar mileage so at least I’m finding a good sample of cars to choose from.

#21 ·
Yeah saw that one yesterday. No big deal but I thought it was odd that is is an ST3 but the shift knob is not carbon fiber. Didn’t that come with the 402A package?

Also, one other question about the 2018 with 3200 miles I saw in Cincy at a Ford dealer. Should I be requesting and independent mechanic look it over before buying even though it still has balance of factory warranty on it?

#38 ·
I live in the Columbus area, and there aren't very many STs (or RSs) around for sale. That price seems fine, but you gotta ask why is that car at a buy here pay here place (they almost exclusively buy from auctions, which might be ok for normal cars, but not specialty cars). And yeah, now that the ST is no longer sold in the U.S., the prices won't drop much on used ones, so don't expect low prices or being able to talk the price down much.

#39 ·
I know what you mean but I'm not sure how much that really bothers me. Carfax is showing it as a 1 owner car that was purchased in August of 2018 in West Virginia.

You are correct about not that many ST3’s being sold locally though although just by expanding my search by a 100 miles I’m finding a few private sellers on CL. The problem is that some of them have accident reports on their CarFax reports.

#48 ·
I went and test drove it on Saturday and really thought it was a hoot to drive. I currently drive 2008 Mazda 3 Grand Touring hatch so this ST is obviously a huge jump in power, performance and comfort. I’d prefer something that is bone stock so was a little concerned about the roof wrap. I know it can be removed but was still concerned that there might be some mechanical mods on the car which I definitely do not want. I started another thread in the ST Discussion forum and it sounds like I should not be concerned about it which I tend to agree with. So I need to start moving on this if I want it. Problem is that the dealer is 100 miles away and I don’t have time to go there until the weekend so I’m going to see if I can negotiate via email/phone. They listed it at 24k and already offered to reduce it to 23k without me even asking. I’m reasonably happy with that but I think I can get another $500 - $1000 off if I use their financing (I can pay in cash so will just pay it off soon after). If I can reach a deal with them before I go in person, I need to get it structured so that it is pending an inspection by an independent shop (they told me that would not be a problem) and that there are no defects on the roof once the wrap is removed at their cost. But even if I can do that I would not expect them to simply hold the car from any other potential buyers the rest of the week so not sure how that would work? Maybe they’ll ask to put a couple hundred dollar security deposit on my CC which would be applied to the sale once all the terms were met otherwise would be returned to me if something negative comes back from the inspections to there is an issue with the roof?

#63 ·
Thanks just got it yesterday. Loving it so far. They wanted $21,500 for it and I talked them down.

[/QUOTE]

Beautiful car! I’ve always thought the ST looked best in black, it’s just difficult to clean. But a ‘17 ST3 for 18k is an amazing deal. You could flip that car right now & make a few $$.

#65 ·
about how this would hold over time) as well as the logo on the side skirts. I ended up getting it for $22,500 plus TTL. I honestly thought I could do better but the dealer was in no hurry to get rid of it and frankly I need a new car. My 11 year only Mazda 3 needs brakes and rotors all around plus some front suspension work and I did not want to put any money into it. Seemed smarter to just sell it privately as-is. I was not seeing many other 18 ST3's within a hundred miles or so to me with that low of mileage. I could have saved a couple thousand more for a '17 with around 12k miles but just felt more comfortable with this particular '18 as it still has almost 30 months of warranty left and came from the same Ford dealer that sold it originally. I'm sure as time goes by more 18 ST3's will be coming on the market and perhaps pricing will get a little better.

More importantly I really love how the car drives! I drove it from Cincy back to Columbus (about 100 miles). It was all interstate so not much chance to do any corning but nonethless, power is abundant (to me anyways) and delivered very smoothly, I'm keeping it all stock and plan on adding the Husky floor mats and ZL1 mud flaps. I just need to be aware of the LSPI issues although I typically downshift out of overdrive so shouldn't have to change my driving style much.

Appreciate all the help and advice from PokerRun388, Cjinohio03 and a bunch of others on this great site.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive design

#66 ·
Congrats man! I love the ST! And white is so easy to daily drive & keep clean! I’m noticing that used prices on ST’s seem to actually be going up, at least in my areas. Most ST1’s in CA. are now around that 20-21k range vs. last year where they’re were around 18-19k.

The ST3’s are so rare & I haven’t seen one pop up locally to me in months. The last one only had like 15k miles & it was gone within a week. Everyone wants that upgraded infotainment system.

#80 ·
It’s not that easy of a car to find & prices have suddenly gone way up. There’s a Toyota Dealer that just got an ‘18 ST1 w/ only 4K miles & they want $23k. That really bugs me because I saw the brand new ‘18s selling for $19-20k last summer. The ST3’s are impossible to find & so is a White RS. Dealers won’t budge on RS prices either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.