Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Depo racing questions for members

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Twizzty 
#1 ·
HI guys, I am looking at buying a depo racing fmic, DP, and intake to bring me to stage 3. I am wondering about members who run multiple depo racing parts how they have held up over time? Depo has the best pricing by far and I want to run them long term.

Thanks for any input

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I just ordered the same. The parts will be good quality. I know there were small fitment and hardware issues initially, but it seems by reviews that all of those things have been ironed out.

#4 ·
HI guys, I am looking at buying a depo racing fmic, DP, and intake to bring me to stage 3. I am wondering about members who run multiple depo racing parts how they have held up over time? Depo has the best pricing by far and I want to run them long term.

Thanks for any input

I have the 3.5" fmic and catless downpipe. Had minor fitment issues with the downpipe but not bad enough to make the savings not worth it. Fmic was cake to install and performs as good if not better than any others from what I've seen and researched.

#5 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it.

#6 ·
I just had to trim a weld on the FMIC and take about 3/8" off of the lower DP arms/bracket, other then that they fit well and look/perform like quality parts.

Just an FYI that the Depo catless DP and Roush CBE is a LOUD combo...I love it!

#8 ·
I have nearly 8k miles on the 3.5in FMIC and the HF DP on my '15 ST. They have held up well. I periodically check underneath the car on a lift and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary on both parts. In regards to fitment for both pieces, I did not have any issues when I installed them but obviously a few guys have. Although I had to buy two 2in long bolts, washers and nuts to secure the FMIC to the OEM brackets, it was an easy install.

#9 ·
Thanks guys! How much louder is the car with the roush CBE depo catless DP combo? Interior, drone, wot? @Twizzty

#10 ·
Thanks guys! How much louder is the car with the roush CBE depo catless DP combo? Interior, drone, wot? @Twizzty

I can't comment on roush but the Borla I have went like this.... I put on the Borla with stock down pipe.... Loud at wot. Then comes along a depo racing 100 cell down pipe and 5.5 inch intercooler. That at wide open throttle sounded amazing and was extremely loud with no drone still with crackles and pops and turbo whistle. Now I have the depo catless.... And yes it's only 100 cell but I tell you the difference is there. It is LOUD at wot and I mean it's loud... If anyone has a decibel meter I would love to see it lol. Anyway the turbo whistle is even louder and the crackles and pops are crazy

#11 ·
I run their Beast intercooler and it works like a charm, charge temp right at ambient and within a few degrees on a hot day.

#12 ·
I have the Roush CBE and Depot HF Cat. From the outset, the drone was rough, especially 65mph and above. I embarked on a 8hr+ trip and it was a pain. I almost regretted the combo but towards the end of the trip the TBE settled down and the drone was bearable. I love the whole setup though in comparison to others that I have heard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.