Need help with a misfire/stuttering issue. - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G heinrich View Post
    It's got to be better.
    First day seemed fine, yesterday and today however the issue was present still. Back to the drawing board, any other ideas or insights are welcome. I am stumped. I called Ford again and they told me that I need to remove the Borla Exhaust and re-install the factory one. I highly doubt that this would cause this kind of issue, can anyone with experience comment on this. I don't want to do this since it will cost a bunch to get a new factory exhaust and have the labor to install it and feels like money wasted.

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The exhaust wouldn't be causing the issues. It's not flowing any more than the stock exhaust at stock power levels. All the issues are up stream from it anyways, sounds more like the dealer trying to put the blame on something. Do you have any other dealers nearby to try?
    Mod list here

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So have you had that recall done on the pure valve/fuel tank?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clickst View Post
    First day seemed fine, yesterday and today however the issue was present still. Back to the drawing board, any other ideas or insights are welcome. I am stumped. I called Ford again and they told me that I need to remove the Borla Exhaust and re-install the factory one. I highly doubt that this would cause this kind of issue, can anyone with experience comment on this. I don't want to do this since it will cost a bunch to get a new factory exhaust and have the labor to install it and feels like money wasted.
    Check the gas tank. Sometimes there is some small amount of water or particles picked up from your local pump that is lingering in your tank.Since the pump has a very high pressure. As you drive the pump pick up some of it and send it to the injectors, some of it get through right away and some takes a little longer. Specially if you drive with nearly empty gas tank. I'm surprise the computer is not picking up this problem. Check for vacuum leaks.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RracerST View Post
    So have you had that recall done on the pure valve/fuel tank?
    They did the fuel tank recall replacement one of the times I took it in. Didn't make a difference.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STallion18 View Post
    Check the gas tank. Sometimes there is some small amount of water or particles picked up from your local pump that is lingering in your tank.Since the pump has a very high pressure. As you drive the pump pick up some of it and send it to the injectors, some of it get through right away and some takes a little longer. Specially if you drive with nearly empty gas tank. I'm surprise the computer is not picking up this problem. Check for vacuum leaks.
    The issue can happen with a full tank, near empty tank or anywhere in between. How do I check the gas tank? Is that something the dealership will do?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the throttle input. You can pull it up on the Cobb access. You may have a bad potentiometer that doesn't send a signal to the computer, but only at certain throttle positions.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

Took the car to a different dealership, after them having the car for 2 days and driving it for 60+ miles they eventually got the car to reproduce the issue. They claimed that injector 1 and 4 were doing "something strange" and so they have replaced these parts. "Performed EEC self test, no codes. Performed koer test no codes. Visual inspection no issues. Inspected all wiring and connectors all ok. checked coil packs, ok, checked plugs, had just been replaced, checked gaps ok. Mode 6 data showed cylinder 1 and 4 misfires. Found Fuel system PID going into ol-fault and injector fault PID indicating fault. Performed high pressure fuel system test - pass. Injectors 1 and 4 visually ok. Injectors sticking causing misfires. Replaced injectors."

The car seems to be driving better and generally feels smoother. Will keep monitoring since as they claim the issue could still be present, but this at least seems to have fixed something so there is progress!

Parts replaced for injector 1 and 4:
    BB5Z-9F953-B
    BG9Z-9229-A
    CJ5Z-9J323-B
    Last edited by clickst; 06-11-2019 at 11:39 AM.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they checked if the valves are dirty due the vapors that are sent to burn trhough the admission?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links