Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Catless DP AFTER Exhaust...Sound Question?

11K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  2017 Ford Focus ST 
#1 ·
For you guys that added a catless DP after a cat back exahust (brand irrelevant), how would you describe the sound/noise/tone/volume change? Did it make it a little or alot louder? Deeper tone? In car experience better/worse/indifferent? Etc?

#9 · (Edited)
Borla cbe here with cnt racing catless and it is stupid loud wot. Normal driving is good it’s only when wot. And with stratified crackles and pops it’s pops like crazy. Kinda obnoxious but of course I knew that and I still run it. Just kinda sketched about getting pulled for it one day. But as far as drivability after the downpipe. I feel like it’s more smooth with the shifts and with new tune its well put together and the car is a lot more smooth compared to the stage 1 Cobb ots

#3 ·
Def louder...in a good way. Same experience for me, no noise difference cruising, but if you get on it, its smile city...plus you can hear the turbo just whistling at startup ..i have the Cobb Catted.

#6 ·
I did catback (Roush) before downpipe, at low rpm's and load it's not a ton louder except you're gonna hear your turbo all the time now (think diesel bros) even at idle. BUT, when you press the sauce lever you're gonna be surprised, its gonna rasp and scream like a raped ape. Enjoy the noises and violating prius' ethics.

Reactions: mmst3
#27 ·
Hey I have a 2017 ford focus st with a SRS Ebay exhaust system and it is very loud and droned very badly so i took my factory DP down and punched the cat and it took a lot of the done out as well as it has good turbo sound and better turbo spool. I have a defouler and i have no codes I think just for the noise i am going to put a Magnaflow 12641 Muffler - 6" Round SS C/C - 3" IN/OUT - 30" Body / 36" Long In it as well but the car sounds great like it is just a little loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.