How to check if you have stock or aftermarket clutch?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to check if you have stock or aftermarket clutch?

Since I got this car over a year ago, the clutch has been heavy. Even with a new clutch pedal spring. Drove another focus st the same year with a stock clutch with and without the new clutch pedal spring. I can’t tell if it’s an aftermarket clutch. What could it possibly be or is there a way for me to easily check?

I spend too much of my life on FST! rambleon84's Avatar
    is so mote be it

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No easy way without contacting the previous owner. Were there any mods to the car when you bought it, how many miles? Most dont replace the clutch unless something goes wrong with theirs; usually after either lots of miles or lots of time spent above 300whp/tq (or just abusing it/not knowing how to drive stick well.) If they werent making lots of power, they typically dont go heavy aftermarket.

If you cant tell from an A vs B driving your car vs a stock focus, i would say its stock. Usually the engagement points and window feel different with aftermarket. Otherwise, its one of those mods you cant see, not like an aftermarket intake where you can just pop the hood and see an entirely different filter

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
    No easy way without contacting the previous owner. Were there any mods to the car when you bought it, how many miles? Most dont replace the clutch unless something goes wrong with theirs; usually after either lots of miles or lots of time spent above 300whp/tq (or just abusing it/not knowing how to drive stick well.) If they werent making lots of power, they typically dont go heavy aftermarket.

If you cant tell from an A vs B driving your car vs a stock focus, i would say its stock. Usually the engagement points and window feel different with aftermarket. Otherwise, its one of those mods you cant see, not like an aftermarket intake where you can just pop the hood and see an entirely different filter
    It was modified everything was on the car in my signature except the downpipe and exhaust and accessport. The clutch seems to be really heavy and comparing it another ST it doesn’t seem to be the same at all.
    '14 Focus ST (Performance Blue)
    -Cobb FMIC
    -Injen Cold Air Intake
    -Turbo Smart BOV
    -Sound Symposer Delete
    -TTR Intake Manifold
    -TTR Engine and Transmission Mounts
    -Depo Racing 3" Catless DP
    -AWE Track Edition Cat-Back w/Black Tips
    -NGK one step colder plugs
    -Tuned by Stratified (93)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is thankful every day he left
    Comifornia

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oratic View Post
    It was modified everything was on the car in my signature except the downpipe and exhaust and accessport. The clutch seems to be really heavy and comparing it another ST it doesn’t seem to be the same at all.
    Try changing the brake fluid. He might have changed it and didn't bleed the slave cylinder correctly or used the wrong fluid.

Sponsored Links