pyle stereo up grade?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: pyle stereo up grade?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pyle stereo up grade?

has anyone seen the pyle touchscreen stereo upgrade? stumbled across it on amazon, no reviews or anything yet, I know pyle doesn't have the best track record but I have had good results with them in the past, I emailed them directly to see if it retained oem functions, steering wheels controls, back up camera ect, I have a 2016 st1, so this would be a nice upgrade for us st1 guys. It says its all plug in play. ill keep you guys updated as I hear back from pyle. Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1276
Size:  295.8 KB

is hailing Dictator Perpetuo
    Deucius McCrackus Ceasarus!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedagain View Post
    has anyone seen the pyle touchscreen stereo upgrade? stumbled across it on amazon, no reviews or anything yet, I know pyle doesn't have the best track record but I have had good results with them in the past, I emailed them directly to see if it retained oem functions, steering wheels controls, back up camera ect, I have a 2016 st1, so this would be a nice upgrade for us st1 guys. It says its all plug in play. ill keep you guys updated as I hear back from pyle. Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1276
Size:  295.8 KB
    You should link to the actual product in your post. Thanks for the info, though. Many will find this helpful.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having a hard time seeing this as a better solution than a dash kit and a decent head unit from a more reputable manufacturer. I assume a dash kit is available for the 2015/2016 refresh. I know one is available for earlier MK3 cars (as I have installed one on my brothers 2012). I read through the manual a little. It has support for back up camera, but needs you to wire it to power (reverse lights) and likely wire signal wire as well (meaning it is about as integrated as adding any aftermarket head unit). Definitely an interesting solution, just not sure I would personally go that route.
    2013 Tangerine Scream Ford Focus ST
    2014 Tangerine Orange Pearl Subaru XV Crosstrek

I spend too much of my life on FST! Toadster's Avatar
    is living the dream...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is the interface and getting everything to work together, as far as dash kits and what not I haven't found one, Crutchfield usually has everything first, and they still don't offer one as of now, I'd much rather wire in a double din pioneer or something along those lines but the support just isn't there as of now.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedagain View Post
    as far as dash kits and what not I haven't found one.
    They are available in the UK. Might be worth verifying that the interior updates match in the UK, but I assume they did since Connects2 makes both a 2015+ and a before 2015 version of the kit. https://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/...tItem/CT23FD64

The UK tends to get better aftermarket support for some Focus items (been true since I had my Mk1). I bought connects2 speaker adapters for my 2013 ST from a UK retailer with international shipping. Ebay.co.uk also has this kit (not sure if seller ships international or not).
    2013 Tangerine Scream Ford Focus ST
    2014 Tangerine Orange Pearl Subaru XV Crosstrek

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TS13FST View Post
    They are available in the UK. Might be worth verifying that the interior updates match in the UK, but I assume they did since Connects2 makes both a 2015+ and a before 2015 version of the kit. https://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/...tItem/CT23FD64

The UK tends to get better aftermarket support for some Focus items (been true since I had my Mk1). I bought connects2 speaker adapters for my 2013 ST from a UK retailer with international shipping. Ebay.co.uk also has this kit (not sure if seller ships international or not).
    hmm that one kit on eBay comes with necessary wiring as well, wonder if its US compatible...

I spend too much of my life on FST! mitch808's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything Pyle, is a pyle of crap! Pyle has been nothing but junk since 20+yrs ago! We're talking back in the days when Jensen, Sherwood, Pyle were all players in the car audio world back in the 80's onwards. Nothings changed with them. Low cost, bargain items; full of compromises.

Get a proper dash kit and a reputable brand radio. You'll have better quality and more reliability than Pyle.
    HBGeek likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch808 View Post
    Anything Pyle, is a pyle of crap! Pyle has been nothing but junk since 20+yrs ago! We're talking back in the days when Jensen, Sherwood, Pyle were all players in the car audio world back in the 80's onwards. Nothings changed with them. Low cost, bargain items; full of compromises.

Get a proper dash kit and a reputable brand radio. You'll have better quality and more reliability than Pyle.
    When I was a kid (30 years ago), "Pyle Driver" was the ish for speakers. But they've definitely gone toward the bargain basement of the industry since then.

I spend too much of my life on FST! mitch808's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchMaster View Post
    When I was a kid (30 years ago), "Pyle Driver" was the ish for speakers. But they've definitely gone toward the bargain basement of the industry since then.
    I didn't want to date myself...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links