How to disable the "Double Honk" - Page 10
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: How to disable the "Double Honk"

I spend too much of my life on FST! aaronc7's Avatar
    is needing the v8 powa

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this was the older 2016 BCM recall...I just got it done. But yes it overwrites/updates the BCM, so I had to do this all over again last night.

The recent 18S32 recall should not affect any of this, it only reflashes the PCM
    UnfocusedST likes this.

Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to know.

Sent from another garage.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone used the phone app to turn it off?

is needing the v8 powa

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The phone app is Forscan "lite" and I don't think it has any sort of programming ability.

I do really like the app though, it's the only app I know of that can see error codes not only for the PCM, but also the BCM and like 10+ other modules.

is looking to buy parts!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone in upstate NY that could help me with this? i don't want to annoy people when i am delivering pizza at night! thinking i am honking at them to get them to come out!
    2014 Focus ST ST1 - DD
    Performance - Mountune Symposer delete, Steeda CAI
    Aesthetics - SpoilerKing spoiler extension, Weathertech visors, unknown vinyl graphics
    1998 Nissan Sentra - SR20 swapped+much much more - broken

is Sansa STark

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After being told by Ford that it wasn't possible to disable and then studying this thread and convincing myself that I could do it, I decided it was worth the $30 ODBLink cable to disable the double honk. After all, the many people who easily made this change meant that not only could it be done, it would be exactly as prescribed by the op.

Well, I tried it today with disastrous results. I don't know why I'm such an idiot. It gave me the checksum error, which op said don't worry about. Then it just said "service procedure interrupted" and the progress bar was stuck at 50%. The stop button was disabled on Forscan and I could start the procedure again to see that the change I made did not take. Elsewhere, it said something about not being able to connect to the DCU.

When I disconnected and reconnected to the vehicle, it's giving me a bunch of errors. And now the check engine light is on. I backed up the module before I made any changes, but when I try to load it back, it says nothing to change. What have I done??

Premium Member
    is here

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selucius View Post
    After being told by Ford that it wasn't possible to disable and then studying this thread and convincing myself that I could do it, I decided it was worth the $30 ODBLink cable to disable the double honk. After all, the many people who easily made this change meant that not only could it be done, it would be exactly as prescribed by the op.

Well, I tried it today with disastrous results. I don't know why I'm such an idiot. It gave me the checksum error, which op said don't worry about. Then it just said "service procedure interrupted" and the progress bar was stuck at 50%. The stop button was disabled on Forscan and I could start the procedure again to see that the change I made did not take. Elsewhere, it said something about not being able to connect to the DCU.

When I disconnected and reconnected to the vehicle, it's giving me a bunch of errors. And now the check engine light is on. I backed up the module before I made any changes, but when I try to load it back, it says nothing to change. What have I done??
    Wow, I haven't heard of anyone having such bad results. I've literally changed 20+ cars between disabling TPMS (for track use), global windows, fogs on with highs, and remove double honk. Was your connection bad? Do you have the most recent version of Forscan?

I'm really at loss for what went wrong, there are times where I had to try multiple times because it would fail halfway through for no apparent reason.
    Stratified Custom Tune (91 and E30) CPE Lightweight FMIC VelossaTech Intake Snorkel
    FSwerks Shift Bracket+Busings (40%) Wilwood FNSL6 14" NGK LTR7IX-11
    Green Filter Steeda RMM, TTR Upper Passenger Gloss black wrapped roof
    TSW Rivage 18X8 5-108 +40mm Husky Liner Floor mats (All) Global windows mod
    Fogs on with High Beam mod (Diode Dynamics XML2 Fogs) Limo tint rear, Front legal Proclip Pillar mount
    Led Interior lights Breedt APM

is Sansa STark

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elyk864 View Post
    Wow, I haven't heard of anyone having such bad results. I've literally changed 20+ cars between disabling TPMS (for track use), global windows, fogs on with highs, and remove double honk. Was your connection bad? Do you have the most recent version of Forscan?

I'm really at loss for what went wrong, there are times where I had to try multiple times because it would fail halfway through for no apparent reason.
    Yeah... leave it to me, I suppose. I don't think the connection was bad, as I was able to reconnect right away. It started complaining as soon as I changed the number and clicked Write. I used the OBDLink software to clear the engine light, but not sure if that's permanent or if it will come back after a few miles.

is needing the v8 powa

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure sounds like a connection issue based on what you posted..but im not familiar with all the terminology the app uses.

What was the code?

Big thing to see if it the code comes back or what.

The Focccus app does similar BCM programming, you could try to connect that and poke around and see what you find. You can download a file based on your VIN / options etc and flash the BCM that way too since you won't have a legit "before" saved file for that program

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Sponsored Links