Focccus PC app as-built editor AND all around reprogrammer - Page 6
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Focccus PC app as-built editor AND all around reprogrammer

is ctrl + alt + dl33t

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOHOO my ELM327 came in the mail today. i ordered it from Amazon yesterday. Shout out to Amazon for getting it done. I have to modify the DLC connector on it and grab my laptop later. I know which .vbf files ids uses on my veh so i will try to read/write with the right files. i may have to change some of his program to get it to work though
    Jstump2490 and XRJoe like this.

is Too FocuST

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DL33T View Post
    WOOHOO my ELM327 came in the mail today. i ordered it from Amazon yesterday. Shout out to Amazon for getting it done. I have to modify the DLC connector on it and grab my laptop later. I know which .vbf files ids uses on my veh so i will try to read/write with the right files. i may have to change some of his program to get it to work though
    Please link the amazon part and how do I get my own .vbf files? I have IDS installed on my laptop as well as Ford module programming I just dont know how to proceed from here.

I also have my asbuilt file that I downloaded from motorcraftservice if that matters.

Sent via Tapatalk using Galaxy Note 2
    2013 PB ST3
    Retractable Lip Spoiler
    FRPP Cold Air Intake kit
    DepoRacing Beast Intercooler
    Cobb AP3
    Stratified S-OTS+ tune
    Cobb RMM
    FSWERKS Short Shifter
    MFT Lockpick Air
    FoCCCus
    Shift light turned off
    Fob window control

Dup
    is enjoying Global Open and Close
    of windows thanks to Focccus

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the one I have. Already had the switch and wiring. Amazon.com: ELM327 V1.4 USB OBD2 OBDII CAN-BUS Diagnostic Scanner USB Cable: Automotive
    Dup

2013 Ingot Silver ST3
    E Focus RMM
    Green Filter / Cobb Short Throw Plate at 30% / Cobb AP3 - Stratified 93 Flash Tune
    CXR DIY FMIC

is ctrl + alt + dl33t

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same one i have. IDS is not cooperating. i still dont have the correct values though for the bcm in my vehicle. I will try the ELM327 later

is ctrl + alt + dl33t

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Please link the amazon part and how do I get my own .vbf files? I have IDS installed on my laptop as well as Ford module programming I just dont know how to proceed from here.

I also have my asbuilt file that I downloaded from motorcraftservice if that matters.

The only way i knew what files to grab was by doing a CCC through ids and taking a picture of the screen while it was loading the data. I did notice however it does seem that the .vbf files are included in the v0.7 download

BM5T-14C025-BD for the IPC and BV6N-14C097-AC for the BCMii

is ctrl + alt + dl33t

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JDUB

when are you getting the error? During a read or write (or both) ?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have good news! I got Global Open / Close to work with the ELM. The program is a bit buggy still though. I was able to read and save my BCM file, modify the window setting then upload it back to the car. I was also able to read most of the settings on each tab in Focccus. It did however need to be unplugged and the car cycled a couple times to get it to work a second time. After I did it, I got a TON of non CEL DTC's which I could not get to clear with ForScan for some reason. That program is how I found them though. They did clear when I used my Cobb AP and I verified with ForScan so keep that in mind when you are playing with it. Also, even though the setting says Global Open / Close w/moonroof, the moonroof does not open with the windows.

Also, I found my ELM was not held together with screws, but instead the 2 plastic halves were sealed at the seam. Had to take a small flat head, crack the seam and work it around till the 2 halves came apart.

I also was going to modify the Nav setting but my car already has the w/navi option when I read the BCM. Not sure I will be able to enable it after all since my car thinks it has it already somehow. Can anyone with an ST2 without nav confirm this finding? I am going to read my roommates ST3 when he gets home to see what his says. Maybe this bit is switched with the non nav bit so I will see what I can find.
    Last edited by Jstump2490; 04-17-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    DL33T and silverpony2001 like this.
    Current 2015 Mustang GT
    SOLD 2013 TS ST2.5 Stage 3

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstump2490 View Post
    I have good news! I got Global Open / Close to work with the ELM. The program is a bit buggy still though. I was able to read and save my BCM file, modify the window setting then upload it back to the car. I was also able to read most of the settings on each tab in Focccus. It did however need to be unplugged and the car cycled a couple times to get it to work a second time. After I did it, I got a TON of non CEL DTC's which I could not get to clear with ForScan for some reason. That program is how I found them though. They did clear when I used my Cobb AP and I verified with ForScan so keep that in mind when you are playing with it.

Also, I found my ELM was not held together with screws, but instead the 2 plastic halves were sealed at the seam. Had to take a small flat head, crack the seam and work it around till the 2 halves came apart.

http://s49.photobucket.com/user/JStu...d4b11.mp4.html

I also was going to modify the Nav setting but my car already has the w/navi option when I read the BCM. Not sure I will be able to enable it after all since my car thinks it has it already somehow. Can anyone with an ST2 without nav confirm this finding? I am going to read my roommates ST3 when he gets home to see what his says.
    I need this! Details? Might just have to buy the cable and modify it asap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

is Too FocuST

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DL33T View Post
    The only way i knew what files to grab was by doing a CCC through ids and taking a picture of the screen while it was loading the data. I did notice however it does seem that the .vbf files are included in the v0.7 download

BM5T-14C025-BD for the IPC and BV6N-14C097-AC for the BCMii
    It is during the read. My picture with the fault is in the second post of this thread. It says I have an unrecognized ecu hw#.
    Im not sure whether it is caused by my obdlink MX or if it is because I don't have the matching .vbf file.
    Last edited by jdub1981; 04-17-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    2013 PB ST3
    Retractable Lip Spoiler
    FRPP Cold Air Intake kit
    DepoRacing Beast Intercooler
    Cobb AP3
    Stratified S-OTS+ tune
    Cobb RMM
    FSWERKS Short Shifter
    MFT Lockpick Air
    FoCCCus
    Shift light turned off
    Fob window control

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Now534 View Post
    I need this! Details? Might just have to buy the cable and modify it asap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    That's really all you need, just the ELM327 and either an ON/OFF/ON or an ON/ON switch. Although, unless you have an AP or a dedicated code reader that can remove engine codes, I might hold off until the software has its bugs worked out since the ForScan did not want to remove my trouble codes after I was finished. This is a common thing that happens according to the original blog post about the FoCCCus.
    Current 2015 Mustang GT
    SOLD 2013 TS ST2.5 Stage 3

Page 6 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links