Focus ST Safety Engineer??
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Focus ST Safety Engineer??

  1. #1
    FST Member Nanook ST's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Focus ST Safety Engineer??

    Name:  IMG_1310.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  1.02 MB

    Last month I had a head on collision in my 2014 ST with a combined speed of 70+MPH. My son and I were blessed to be able to walk away from the crash pretty much with no injuries and so was the other driver who hit me (his fault 16 yr old new driver). I was so impressed with how our cars are able to take a hit like this and no one get hurt that I rushed out and bought another one. If anyone knows who, or how, I can get in contact with the Ford Safety Engineers who do/did the design work on these cars please let me know. I would like to send them a personal thank you letter for saving our lives that night!!

    Now comes more fun of having to go customize a new ST!!

    Thank you Ford!!

  2. #2
    I spend too much of my life on FST! Duchess's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Beverly, MA
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're OK! I'm surprised at how tough these little cars are.

    Here's my SE after its second heavy rear-ending in two days and the Camry that died in the second crash on the highway. I had a 2006 Mazda 3 before the SE and, even though they're closely related, the Ford felt like an old Mercedes in comparison to the flimsy Mazda with its papier mache bumpers and used condoms for bushings that made it feel like the whole front subframe would wobble with every bump:

    Name:  IMG_2929.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  768.9 KB

    Name:  IMG_2926.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  838.8 KB

  3. #3
    FST Junkie! ST_Fan's Avatar
    is Very happy with my finalized
    BT tune
     

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sussex, New Jersey
    Posts
    3,616
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great story! Glad you guys and the other driver are ok.

    People think I'm crazy to give my ST to my daughter when she gets her license. Stories like this help me make this decision more easily.
    I'll be setting up the MyKey though to keep temptation at bay.
    Good luck with the new ST!

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    LockeLamora33 likes this.
    Unleashed Custom Big Turbo Tune | FullRace EFR 6758 | W/M I D-09 Nozzle | E-Focus Roll Restrictor(RMM) | K&N Air Filter | JBR Solid Shifter Bushings | Boomba Trans Bushings | Eibach ProKit Springs | Cobb STS 40% | JBR BSD | Avant Garde M310 18x8.5 42OS | GY Eagle F1s | Levels FMIC | Redline Tuning Hood Struts | Ford Power Button | FRPP CAI | RallyArmor Flaps | AVS Rainguards | MBRP 304 XP Series 3" TB | Steeda SS Delete | Hella Supertones

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    FST Member Nanook ST's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 16 yr old daughter and would not hesitate to get her a Focus (non ST due to clutch for a new driver) after this accident. Thanks for the comments!
    ST_Fan likes this.

  6. #5
    I spend too much of my life on FST! xrayruester's Avatar
    is is is is is is is is is is is
    is is is is is
     

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Spring Grove, PA
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST_Fan View Post
    Great story! Glad you guys and the other driver are ok.

    People think I'm crazy to give my ST to my daughter when she gets her license. Stories like this help me make this decision more easily.
    I'll be setting up the MyKey though to keep temptation at bay.
    Good luck with the new ST!

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Hey! It is me, your daughter.
    LockeLamora33, Soden82 and ST_Fan like this.

  7. #6
    FST Junkie! ST_Fan's Avatar
    is Very happy with my finalized
    BT tune
     

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sussex, New Jersey
    Posts
    3,616
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayruester View Post
    Hey! It is me, your daughter.
    Well it's past your bedtime.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    LockeLamora33 likes this.
    Unleashed Custom Big Turbo Tune | FullRace EFR 6758 | W/M I D-09 Nozzle | E-Focus Roll Restrictor(RMM) | K&N Air Filter | JBR Solid Shifter Bushings | Boomba Trans Bushings | Eibach ProKit Springs | Cobb STS 40% | JBR BSD | Avant Garde M310 18x8.5 42OS | GY Eagle F1s | Levels FMIC | Redline Tuning Hood Struts | Ford Power Button | FRPP CAI | RallyArmor Flaps | AVS Rainguards | MBRP 304 XP Series 3" TB | Steeda SS Delete | Hella Supertones

  8. #7
    Supporting Member jam360nml's Avatar
    is hailing Dictator Perpetuo
    Deucius McCrackus Ceasarus!
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    656
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook ST View Post
    Name:  IMG_1310.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  1.02 MB

    Last month I had a head on collision in my 2014 ST with a combined speed of 70+MPH. My son and I were blessed to be able to walk away from the crash pretty much with no injuries and so was the other driver who hit me (his fault 16 yr old new driver). I was so impressed with how our cars are able to take a hit like this and no one get hurt that I rushed out and bought another one. If anyone knows who, or how, I can get in contact with the Ford Safety Engineers who do/did the design work on these cars please let me know. I would like to send them a personal thank you letter for saving our lives that night!!

    Now comes more fun of having to go customize a new ST!!

    Thank you Ford!!
    I have seen a lot of pictures of some pretty messed up ST's and everyone seems to walk away with this same experience. Hope it never happens but good to know the car has me covered should it happen.

    I am sure @FordService could hook you up with a contact!

  9. #8
    Supporting Member UnfocusedST's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.
     

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    12,937
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook ST View Post
    I have a 16 yr old daughter and would not hesitate to get her a Focus (non ST due to clutch for a new driver) after this accident. Thanks for the comments!
    The manual has a nice assist feature great foe new drivers. Hill assist.

    Sent from another garage.

  10. #9
    Supporting Member jam360nml's Avatar
    is hailing Dictator Perpetuo
    Deucius McCrackus Ceasarus!
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    656
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfocusedST View Post
    The manual has a nice assist feature great foe new drivers. Hill assist.

    Sent from another garage.
    Don't forget the crawl feature.
    LockeLamora33 and ST_Fan like this.

  11. #10
    Supporting Member UnfocusedST's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.
     

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    12,937
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam360nml View Post
    Don't forget the crawl feature.
    Not a feature. Nature of the transmission.

    Sent from another garage.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Warning from former Ford engineer
    By FreeFrog in forum Focus ST Discussions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 09:15 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 04:02 PM
  3. New safety sticker for ST
    By Pierrepoint in forum Focus ST Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 12:27 PM
  4. I'm finally a Professional Engineer!
    By Blurple in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 02:26 PM
  5. Some new info from ford engineer
    By RallyST in forum Focus ST Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 02:48 AM
Find us on Google+