Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

734K views 2K replies 512 participants last post by  juniorluvcait 
#1 ·
The drivers sun visor extends out when you pull on it; if you swing it around to the door side, you can pull it out to get better coverage.
Works at the windshield also, but not a good angle.

The passenger side does not do this!!
Uh-oh, was that 2 factoids......

#63 ·
1st and 2nd. Apparently this is common place in manual cars now, but my last one didn't do it and it was made within the last 8 years haha. If you get it started you can be off the clutch and gas in it will "idle" at like 7 mph in 1st and a little faster in 2nd. Nice in traffic (which i get a lot of) I would have stalled it in my last car doing this.

Reactions: TXsilverST
#69 ·
Man, everything I thought I knew about this car... Turns out everyone else knows!

I guess the styro-foam under the trunk carpeting has a few empty compartments to hold small stuff. I have a few rags + quick detailer, a tire pressure gauge and DC powered pump (which has saved me during a puncture once already) hidden in those cubbies.

#80 ·
Holy crap, that is awesome! Just the other day, I had the sun coming in the side window, and I moved the visor over and it didn't come back far enough to do anything, irritated me! Ended up having to drive with my had crooked and sideways to block the sun! I even looked for a slide-out extension like I've seen on other car, but didn't even think about sliding the whole visor. But sure enough, tried it this morning when i got in the car, so very happy now!

#86 ·
My Canadian St3 without moonroof has the slide out visor!
Wtf!

#90 ·
Yes. Feb. build.

#92 ·
my mirrors do not slide :( i just ran out to the garage all excited. gf gave me the weirdest look as i got up all happy. she laughed when i walked in with a look of extreme disappointment.

feb build date merican st2.

i did not know about using the power button for the MFT instead of the acc mode with the push start. will be using that a lot. and the reverse courtesy swipe on the rear wiper confused the crap out of me the other day. sure enough, i had the front wipers on and i put it into reverse to back out of my driveway and the rear wiper activated.

One thing i havent seen mentioned was the front wipers courtesy swipe after using the washer. after the 3 i think normal swipes, they go back to rest, only to give you one last and very needed courtesy swipe a few seconds after. i always say thank you.. out loud. Good thread.

#105 ·
St2 with moonroof an no sliding visors or lights.

#148 ·
Yep, same here. Even worse, I actually broke the visor trying to slide it... My wife doesn't appreciate the lack of a lighted mirror at all, so lack those features creates two things that frequently annoy me.

#109 ·
Everyone knows about opening the door without a key by pulling the door handle, but if you use the key fob to open the doors from a distance at night it lights up the LED light strip in the headlight (on ST3) and also shines a light pointing down from the side rear view mirrors lighting up the ground as you step into the car.

#110 · (Edited)
The "crawl" feature I absolutely consider a feature... getting my Mazdaspeed 3 to crawl was nearly impossible. It was easier to leave it in neutral and just try pushing the shifter into first gear... that would inch the car forward, couldn't have been good for the car though, so I sucked it up and just gave up on crawling it.

Seems like just as with the standard Mk3 Focus when it was first released, the ST is already in "Job 2" where small revisions are made without being documented. Hence some sliding visors, some not, some with vanity lights, some without.

This is a pretty common feature... unlocking most newer cars with the fob not only illuminates the parking lights/DRLs (LED light strip in this case) but generally illuminates the cabin lights as well... fairly standard procedure. The "puddle" lamps as they're called, in the mirror are a lot more helpful than they sound. I wish my SEL had them now, but my ST3 will in a few months :)