Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What did you do to your ST today?

5M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  jordysalsa 
#1 ·
I like reading these types of threads on other forums I frequent so I figured I'd start one here as well.

As far as me, I turned 500 miles then washed it for the first time since the end of January when I bought it. I forgot how bright silver the wheels were behind all that crazy brake dust.

#25,661 ·
you don't need parts if the dealer doesn't see issues with the system, if you don't have CEL or the car does have symptoms of the recall.

The ECU update is done regardless because it will help the purge valve running "correctly"
Legitimate question- is this for real?

The way I read it, the update was to make it so the car would now throw a check engine light if your purge valve malfunctioned. I didn't know it actually changed the way it worked.

Also, since I'm asking questions- do you have any idea if the replacement purge valves they're using are an updated part? I asked when mine was installed but did not get an answer.

You're correct it just throws a light on if the valve malfunctions. from my understanding The Purge valves they're replacing them with are the same it's just a shot in the dark if it fails or not. But at least you'll get a light when it does.

#25,664 ·
Well over the course of Friday and Saturday I managed to get my clutch and transmission put in and the pile of parts I accumulated over the last 4 months of sitting!!!
I finished it up at around midnight last night and then drove it to cars and coffee at COTA this morning.
I am so freaking stoked she is back up and rocking!!!

Attachments

#25,665 ·
Installed my CP-E symposer delete. The most difficult parts were removing the damn intake elbow and pulling out the hose because I am not strong.

Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Family car
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Automotive engine part
Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Auto part Car

I also put this on because it makes me laugh.

Motor vehicle Yellow Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

#25,666 ·
Legitimate question- is this for real?

The way I read it, the update was to make it so the car would now throw a check engine light if your purge valve malfunctioned. I didn't know it actually changed the way it worked.

Also, since I'm asking questions- do you have any idea if the replacement purge valves they're using are an updated part? I asked when mine was installed but did not get an answer.
I can elaborate on this, just had the recall done in January. The calibration changes the way the valve work so it wont stick, according to the ford tech who was in charge of my car that day. The valve is only replaced if it is already stuck, replacement parts are identical to originals.

#25,667 ·
Well over the course of Friday and Saturday I managed to get my clutch and transmission put in and the pile of parts I accumulated over the last 4 months of sitting!!!
I finished it up at around midnight last night and then drove it to cars and coffee at COTA this morning.
I am so freaking stoked she is back up and rocking!!!
Gorgeous ST, but is that a ghost in your window? :shocked:

#25,668 ·
Installed some new NGK LTR7IX-11's yesterday, it seemed to be a little off. Upon inspection of the old ones the gap was around a .30 or higher. New ones in at .25, runs awesome now.

#25,670 ·
Installed some new NGK LTR7IX-11's yesterday, it seemed to be a little off. Upon inspection of the old ones the gap was around a .30 or higher. New ones in at .25, runs awesome now.
Idk if you saw my post about it about a month back, but hell I checked out my LTR7IX-11's to regap them and discovered an entire ground strap missing on one...so now I'm on a strict regap twice...maybe 3 times...and replace with new cycle :lol: not taking that chance twice.

Reactions: elyk864
#25,672 ·
Got my e30 tune back after sending out some datalogs. Can't wait to give it a feel tomorrow. Starting to warm up in Michigan so I'm looking forward to putting my snowflakes back on, and installing the HP+ pads that came in today. Anyone run these pads? Curious how squealy they'll be

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

#25,674 ·
I finally got another tire mounted on my car. Took forever to source a replacement 225-40-18 Eurowinter. Randomly searched google again last week and SimpleTire showed one in stock, arrived Saturday and i got it mounted. Sadly my ST has been sitting in the garage for the last couple weeks and i left my AP plugged in, battery was dead so i had to jump it before taking the car out for its first trip in far too long. Positive consequence, meant i needed to take it for a nice long drive :)

It's funny how you forget the feel of things after only a couple weeks of not daily driving it. Been driving my stock 5sp '07. Muscle memory took a few minutes to get used to the spec stage 3+, its chatter and I missed how notchy the shifting feels. The '07 I would need to rev above 4k to feel any sort of movement, felt so great doing that in the ST. The handling is so much crisper. Although i need to get an alignment, noticed that right away. Business as usual driving to work today :)

#25,676 ·
So this happened last Sat..

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

#25,677 ·
#25,678 ·
Nice upgrade, sucks when you have to replace parts but always a good opportunity to get a better one in there
Agreed! Really wish I was able to get all three from Damond tho.. but already got Boomba's RMM and piggy bank said "NOOOOPE!" to DSMM.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk