Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What did you do to your ST today?

5M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  jordysalsa 
#1 ·
I like reading these types of threads on other forums I frequent so I figured I'd start one here as well.

As far as me, I turned 500 miles then washed it for the first time since the end of January when I bought it. I forgot how bright silver the wheels were behind all that crazy brake dust.

#25,582 ·
#25,583 ·
No,it's brand new. It's just raw aluminum.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Once you got it on, take some pics, I wanna see how it looks in the opening, there's a certain look I want when I get my FMIC, I want one that really fills out that lower grill so I can run an exposed intercooler without it looking funny. (Facelift ST)

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

#25,584 ·
Once you got it on, take some pics, I wanna see how it looks in the opening, there's a certain look I want when I get my FMIC, I want one that really fills out that lower grill so I can run an exposed intercooler without it looking funny. (Facelift ST)

I was definitely planning on taking pics anyway, but I'm not sure when I'll do the install. It's still a bit cold and I can't use my old man's garage for at least a week. My car is also pre face lift, but I imagine the fitment of the IC won't look much different.

#25,585 ·
#25,587 ·

This is what mine looked like, Depo 3.5 with no grill on. Once of my two spokes on the bumper cover broke so it is missing on the right side of the picture, I cut the left side of the picture one off later.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

#25,588 ·
This is what mine looked like, Depo 3.5 with no grill on. Once of my two spokes on the bumper cover broke so it is missing on the right side of the picture, I cut the left side of the picture one off later.

View attachment 355373
I love that look [emoji173] so aggressive! Thanks for posting.

#25,590 ·
Installed my new intercooler and rear motor mount today. Until I get a tune redone, my only observation right now is holy vibrations

Dont be off put, the vibrations go away after 500 or so miles. The rubber needs to break in.

#25,592 ·
I have the 3 Steeda Mounts... And when in use together, esp with the RMM at 88 duro (the Steeda RMM comes with 2 sets of bushings, red 70 something which gave tons of vibes, and black 88 durometer which is surprisingly much smoother as a part of their trio of mounts)... Anyhow - I have been running a Mountune RMM(which I think is 80 duro?), and while the Mountune is soooo livable, and smooth (makes the ST feel so refined lol), I miss the slight floor board vibes, and the growl the Steeda brings to the tone of the exhaust. Makes it feel sooo much more "tuner" lol. I may switch back...

#25,593 ·
I have the 3 Steeda Mounts... And when in use together, esp with the RMM at 88 duro (the Steeda RMM comes with 2 sets of bushings, red 70 something which gave tons of vibes, and black 88 durometer which is surprisingly much smoother as a part of their trio of mounts)... Anyhow - I have been running a Mountune RMM(which I think is 80 duro?), and while the Mountune is soooo livable, and smooth (makes the ST feel so refined lol), I miss the slight floor board vibes, and the growl the Steeda brings to the tone of the exhaust. Makes it feel sooo much more "tuner" lol. I may switch back...
I'm using the steeda rmm with the black bushings, they're supposed to be stiffer than the red bushings. I'm surprised to hear the red ones vibrate more being softer

#25,595 ·
Installed the Ford Performance cat-back yesterday with the Cobb hangers. Also finally put in my NGK iridium one-step colder plugs. Pre-gapped from JST. Took 4 hours with the car on Jack stands and working pretty slowly.

Never have been a fan of the Borla sound in general, but this exhaust sounds absolutely amazing on the ST. Idle and cruising highway speeds it virtually silent. Under throttle you know it's there.

#25,599 ·
Anyone running the FSWerks intercooler on a facelift st? I'm gonna probably go see Raffi in a couple days for a parts run (front and rear stress bar and rear sway bar, maybe lowering springs) was thinking of picking up the fmic while I was there, the price seems great.

#25,600 ·
I put on MSD coils in blue to match the exterior. I had a misfire code come up a few weeks ago and the dealer replaced coil 4 under warranty but said 3 was about to go. During the replacement the idiot tech yanked and broke my intake tube mount so I made them get me a new one. Which I have now swapped out for a Depo Racing intake. At least I have a brand new factory intake tube to put on if I ever need it. I got the MSD coils because they were less than the factory coils on sale with a code so I figured why not. I have also installed a Mountune FMIC and tuner. I have to initiate the tuning with Mountune yet. I'd like to go to a dyno as doing wide open redline pulls in 4th puts me over 100mph on the road LOL
View attachment IMG_20190302_125941599.jpg View attachment IMG_20190216_160028614.jpg