Ford Focus ST Forum

What did you do to your ST today?

Thread: What did you do to your ST today?

Tags:

Joshua said:
    Quote Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
    What changed since your last race? Just you getting better at doing runs or have you added some mods too? How did your dad take to losing to you in your 4cylider? Sounds like some good clean, family fun
    Added intercooler and tune. I think he is still shocked, he is pretty old school. We are both pretty competitive so he has lots of excuses. We are both very new to racing so its fun to see how we both improve with each run.

I would not be surprised if the next time we race he shows up with 4.10 gears and slicks haha.
    '15 MM ST3 - Total Loss
    '15 MM ST3

Skywalker15 said:
    Installed a Mountune intake pipe on Friday. Bought from a fellow forum member. May not do much, but it looks pretty good.

2016 MM ST3

bp86 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker15 View Post
    Installed a Mountune intake pipe on Friday. Bought from a fellow forum member. May not do much, but it looks pretty good.

Very clean.. is that a strut tower bar? If so, which one?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    2015 Oxford White ST1
    1320 catless DP/defouled, 3D printed gas pedal riser, AEM dryflow, Boomba Adj BPV/BOV(anodized blue) connected to SSD, Boomba RMM(anodized blue), Cobb shift cable bushings, Damond PSMM+TMM, Depo Beast FMIC+charge pipes, JBR SS arm(40%)+all bushings, Raceseng Ashiko 675g shift knob(translucent red), Res Delete, SRS-R1 3" CBE, Steeda clutch spring+magnetic plug+RSB+SSD w/ boost port, TB Performance Anti-Bind end links

Skywalker15 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by bp86 View Post
    Very clean.. is that a strut tower bar? If so, which one?

Yes, it’s the Mountune strut bar.
    2016 MM ST3

20focusSTdriver17 said:
    holy impossible brake fluid change batman!!
    20focusdriver16 on FF

17' Magnetic ST1, Premium Wheel Pkg, Green filter, FRPP CAI Snorkel, Mountune Induction Hose, Symposer Delete, BPV & RMM, Mountune T&F FMIC Full Upgrade, Mountune/CSF Radiator & Hoses, Mountune High-Flow CBE

Ready to install: FRPP M-9603A-FSTA Calibration/Plugs, RS OEM Full Intake, 63mm TB, RS OEM Shifter, Mountune Quick-Shift Arm, Mountune SS Brake Lines, Mountune DP

RIP 6/29/17 - My 16' SE Sport
    - https://youtu.be/BPuhbAqLFRA

ac.mcgilbert said:
    Quote Originally Posted by SupahG33K View Post
    Fresh rubber. Got 33k out of my PS4s over 19 months. Going to give the Firehawk Indy 500 a spin this time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Could you give a little review of the 500s so far, I love them. But I put them on my srt charger and 10 inchers the grip was amazing and road sounds was minimal and sounded great. This is my first front wheel drive car. I'm located in Texas just try to see the water grip. And road noise in your opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SupahG33K said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ac.mcgilbert View Post
    Could you give a little review of the 500s so far, I love them. But I put them on my srt charger and 10 inchers the grip was amazing and road sounds was minimal and sounded great. This is my first front wheel drive car. I'm located in Texas just try to see the water grip. And road noise in your opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Certainly! So far I'm as pleased as I can be. Cornering traction is fantastic, and that's where I like to hang out...I love throwing this car around, even after 97k miles! They bark a bit more than the Michelins on a dig, but I seldom purposely launch it. Straight-line traction is hard to judge right now with ambient temps well into the triple digits, boost is lacking and pavement is quite hot, so yeah they stick remarkably well. We haven't had rain since I had them installed so I have no input there either. Interestingly, and I assume it's due to the different compound and slightly higher treadwear rating, the steering effort is soooooo much lighter than it was with the F1s, SuperSports and 4S tires I've run. Bottom line as of right now, if this isn't the last set of tires I put on her, I'll be buying another set of Indy 500s to replace these.
    2014 TB ST3
    Unleashed E30 by Torrie
    FSWERKS: Cool-Flo & Green Filter, Shift Bracket Bushings
    HottExhaust: Catted DP
    boomba: RMM
    Breedt: Quick-Shift Arm
    Steeda: FMIC, RSB, End Links(F), Symposer Delete
    Koni: Sports
    Eibach: Pro-Kit
    ZL1 Rockguards

rambleon84 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ac.mcgilbert View Post
    I've been happy with them, been running them since last summer. I cant compare them to PS4's but coming from the stock F1's, they are better in every way. I also went up to a 255.35 on an 18x8.5, so not exactly apples to apples with the 235.40s. Accelerating from a stop or through corners in the wet, I can spin the tires on demand, predictably though and expected. Normal driving and handling in the wet is less dramatic, happy with them there. In the dry they are about all i can ask for a the price point ($437 shipped.) Decent straight line grip but still can spin them at the top of 1st and 2nd (bt here, power band is up top, cant say how they handle a stock turbo low/mid band tq surge.) I will be upping my power in the near future, so hopefully 3rd still grips. Cornering is direct and feels good too, they can carry the speed through a turn well. I am sure the 35 series helps with that initial turn in feel. I dont really notice any noise, i get a bit of drone from my exhaust, so thats my main noise source.
    Mod list here

bp86 said:
    MeLe/Odysee and Perrin shorty now in effect.

2015 Oxford White ST1
    1320 catless DP/defouled, 3D printed gas pedal riser, AEM dryflow, Boomba Adj BPV/BOV(anodized blue) connected to SSD, Boomba RMM(anodized blue), Cobb shift cable bushings, Damond PSMM+TMM, Depo Beast FMIC+charge pipes, JBR SS arm(40%)+all bushings, Raceseng Ashiko 675g shift knob(translucent red), Res Delete, SRS-R1 3" CBE, Steeda clutch spring+magnetic plug+RSB+SSD w/ boost port, TB Performance Anti-Bind end links

KonabluST said:
    Raced a stock RS from a dig. Blew his doors off with my stage 3 fost. I’m gonna have to put the videos online soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk