Horn honking after you exit the car (car running) annoying you?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Horn honking after you exit the car (car running) annoying you?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horn honking after you exit the car (car running) annoying you?

This issue has bugged me since day 1. I've contacted my dealership about it, I've contacted Ford Canada about it, and I've had a lengthy discussion with a couple of the Ford CS reps who monitor Focus Fanatics about it. To a man, they all tell me that it can NOT be turned off. LV_NV_ST was told the same thing here: https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...html#post38143

A recap, my favourite example: I go out to my car on a cold and snowy morning and start it. I climb out and shut the door. HONK HONK! I open the back door and grab the snow brush, close the door. HONK HONK! I brush off the car and scrape the windows, knock off the brush and toss it in the back. HONK HONK! It annoys me and it annoys my neighbors, especially as I park my car out front of my house and I sometimes leave for work before 6:00 AM.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was something I could get my dealership to turn off, but that Ford feels so strongly about it that they've suddenly got to implement it (after how many years of IAK being offered in their cars?) and not leave it as a configurable setting, well I don't agree with that move.

One of the things that was suggested to me by the FCS people is to post an idea on the Ford Social site and get people to vote on it. So that's what I've done.

http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/te...no-more-honks/

If it bugs you, please click the link and "like" it, and leave a comment explaining how it bugs you. You'll have to sign up and it'll take a day or two for your comment to show up (it needs to be approved first) but because this is an official Ford feedback site, it's got the most chance of anyone hearing it. By the way, this site doesn't work at all with my Android so I have to access it on my computer.

(I've also posted "ideas" about the brake pads and the rear motor mount, but they've been declined for some reason)

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added my vote and comment.
    Performance Blue ST3
    Built 1/18/13
    Delivered 1/31/13

Premium Member
    is bored

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I can't believe that this can not be turned off; my ST does not honk, and several other's on here don't honk either. I just get a message on the small screen and a chime. If some do and some don't, it seems to me all could be made to not honk. We had a lot of snow yesterday, so I got to test this again; started car, got out, cleaned windows, got in, read message as chiming stopped. No reason why Ford can't make this happen if they want to.

EFI Logics Intake w/ AEM Dry Flow Filter, Panda Treadstone Intercooler, Denso ITV 22 Plugs,
    Magnaflow Muffler, MRT Axle Back, Steeda Symposer Delete, Cobb Shift Plate,
    Needless Torque Shift Cable Bushing, CFM Lower Mount, Turbo Tech Upper Mounts,
    TB Performance Traction Bar, Bilstein B8 Struts and Shocks, Eibach Pro Kit Springs,
    Mach M3 Wheels, Fifteen52 Cup Spoilers, AnarchyMotive 671 gm Shift Knob, CoolTech Jack Rails

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... is mine broken? I started it and went all of the way inside with the key in my pocket and it never honked... I assumed it was 12-15 feet before it whined. Granted the dash was lit up with the error that the key was not in the car, but it went away the second I got in the car and closed the door to drive off.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AWfocus View Post
    I added my vote and comment.
    Thanks for the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by ddfred View Post
    I can't believe that this can not be turned off; my ST does not honk, and several other's on here don't honk either. I just get a message on the small screen and a chime. If some do and some don't, it seems to me all could be made to not honk. We had a lot of snow yesterday, so I got to test this again; started car, got out, cleaned windows, got in, read message as chiming stopped. No reason why Ford can't make this happen if they want to.
    I know, it's silly. There's a thousand ways they could make this work without honking the horn every time a door is shut. The ONLY reason I can see is for security: you leave your car unattended with it running and someone hops in. They might hop in the back to hijack you, or they might hop in the front to take the car or something from the car. The honk will alert you if the door is closed, but why wouldn't this feature be desirable in the conventionally-keyed cars as well as the IAK cars?

Anyway, spread the word folks!

I spend too much of my life on FST! FucusStandard's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voted.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Jetspeed's Avatar
    is Building the Perfect Beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voted.

Note: Almost past up this post because there was already a "hate the honk" kind of post.
    Just a few minor mods

I spend too much of my life on FST! erogers10287's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voted.
    :: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3 :: COBB Stage 2 93 v203 :: COBB RMM :: COBB CAI :: COBB FMIC :: MBRP XP Series Catback :: Denso ITV22 Plugs :: Steeda Symposer Delete ::
    :: Axis XMX 18x8 wheels in Graphite :: Tint (35% sides, 15% rear) :: Custom Gel Overlays :: Shark Fin ::
    :: Instagram: obse5st :: https://www.facebook.com/#!/erogers10287 ::

is Taking the long way every
    chance I get!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine honks when I get away from the car with the key andit is running. Doesn't bother me.

Wes

is Is waiting for his new motor

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere there is a wire going to a relay that honks the horn. Find it and cut it. Or put a switch on it.
    Blue's Mod list

Performance; A/P w/Stratified Custom Tune, Magnaflow Exhaust, FS Werks D/P w/Cat, COBB A/F, FS Werks 3" Intake Pipe, L/P Intercooler, JLT Oil C/C breather side, Mishimoto Oil C/C PVC side, Boomba BOV
    Handling; F/R Springs, Koni Yellow adj Shocks, 24mm adj R Swaybar, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, S/S Brake Lines, Hawk HPS Pads, vented & slotted Discs
    Appearance; Smoked LED Tail Lamps, Avanti HY Hybris Wheels, Shark Fin Antenna, JBR Mud Flaps, Red Calipers, Modern Performance C/F Front Lip, EZ lip, Tinted Windows 32%, Q/R front license plate, Spoiler Lip, Velossa Tech Dead Pedal, C/F battery, Fuse Box, & coolant tank covers.
    Accessories; Steeda Shift Lever, Breedt Shift Arm & Knob, Redline Elite Hood Struts, Race Quip harness, Ford Power Start button, Lockpick Mytouch Air with forward & backup cam, Real time tire pressure readings
    Lighting; Rosta LED Fogs, 100w H/Beams, LED Trunk and Puddle lights Blue interior dome lights, 30w LED back up bulbs.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links