Tire and Wheel Setups
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tire and Wheel Setups

  1. #1
    FST Member wterry's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Tire and Wheel Setups

    Hey all,

    Looking for some suggestions on tire/wheel packages, and what tires you think are best for DD. I plan on buying some summer wheels and tires, and using my stock premium wheels for winter (New York).

    I really like the look of the Niche Targa, but I also like a dark bronze wheel as well. Not looking to spend more than $250 a wheel.

    Any advise and opinions are appreciated! Pictures too! I’m driving a 2017 ST Absolute Black.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    I spend too much of my life on FST! xJohnn's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    La Salle, MI
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wheel is super dependant on personal preference, so it's hard for me to make a suggestion. My best advice in this scenario is consider the diameter with your budget. A stock size tire (235/40/18) is going to be much more expensive than a similar size tire on a 17" wheel, since a ratio of 40 on an 18" is considered low profile, but a ratio of 40 on a 17" tire is not. As far as tire brands are concerned, the Continental ExtremeContact is a great performing midpriced tire. The Michelin pilot sport 4 is a bit more expensive and slightly better than the Continental. I've heard nothing but good reviews about the Firehawk Indy 500 as a low budget summer tire, but I can't personally vouch for it.

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    FST Member wterry's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnn View Post
    The wheel is super dependant on personal preference, so it's hard for me to make a suggestion. My best advice in this scenario is consider the diameter with your budget. A stock size tire (235/40/18) is going to be much more expensive than a similar size tire on a 17" wheel, since a ratio of 40 on an 18" is considered low profile, but a ratio of 40 on a 17" tire is not. As far as tire brands are concerned, the Continental ExtremeContact is a great performing midpriced tire. The Michelin pilot sport 4 is a bit more expensive and slightly better than the Continental. I've heard nothing but good reviews about the Firehawk Indy 500 as a low budget summer tire, but I can't personally vouch for it.

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    Awesome thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    FST Member wterry's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone running 18x8.5 on their ST? Wondering if any rubbing occurs with coil overs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    FST Junkie! rambleon84's Avatar
    is so mote be it
     

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,121
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wterry View Post
    Anyone running 18x8.5 on their ST? Wondering if any rubbing occurs with coil overs.
    no rubbing here on 8.5's and 255.35's
    wterry likes this.
    Mod list here

  7. #6
    FST Member wterry's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
    no rubbing here on 8.5's and 255.35's
    Awesome! What’s your offset ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    FST Junkie! rambleon84's Avatar
    is so mote be it
     

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,121
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wterry View Post
    Awesome! What’s your offset ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    18x8.5 et40 Enkei RPF1

    https://www.focusst.org/forum/oakos-...stock-now.html
    Mod list here

  9. #8
    I spend too much of my life on FST! freakin_elrod's Avatar
    is peg legged coming out of
    corners
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    634
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wterry View Post
    Anyone running 18x8.5 on their ST? Wondering if any rubbing occurs with coil overs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will also be dependent on the offset of your wheels. Anything +47 or lower should be okay in terms of inner wheel to coilover perch clearance. Once you go up to +48 you start to run on the hairy edge of rubbing on coilovers especially when you run 255's or wider on a 8.5 or 9 inch width wheel.
    15 Focus ST3 Tuxedo Black #38 STH
    -FoRS OEM air box w/Mountune intake pipe
    -Unleashed Tuned by Torrie
    -MBRP cat-back exhaust
    -CJPP catted downpipe
    -Vortech FMIC
    -Fortune Auto 500 dampers (custom autox 510 valving)
    -Powerstop Z23 Evolution brake pads
    -ST Suspensions Rear swaybar
    -FSWerks short shift plate
    -Boomba shift knob
    -Verde Reflex 17x8.5 w/ 255/40/17 Bridgestone RE71-R (auto-x)
    -Custom Mag Blue powdercoated Katana KR20 18x8.5 w/ 255/35/18 Bridgestone RE71R (daily)

  10. #9
    FST Member wterry's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freakin_elrod View Post
    It will also be dependent on the offset of your wheels. Anything +47 or lower should be okay in terms of inner wheel to coilover perch clearance. Once you go up to +48 you start to run on the hairy edge of rubbing on coilovers especially when you run 255's or wider on a 8.5 or 9 inch width wheel.
    Thanks! The wheels I want are +42


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    FST Senior Member xeroevil's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Marion, NC
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a set of Konig Oversteers on my car with a set of Cooper Zeon RS3 G1s for the past 2 years, and loved the combo. I'm also lowered on ST-X coil-overs. No rubbing, buy my wheels are only 18x8, and the stock tire size. I'll be getting a set of Achilles ATR Sport 2s this week to run for the summer. They are super cheap, looking like $273 shipped to me from Walmart. I'll see how those hold up, and plan to go back to the G1s once these are used up.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Find us on Google+